TWENTY SEVEN

I was listening to this song while writing this, so there you go

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

ON THAT NIGHT, Morgan Forbes cried until there was nothing left inside of her but raw emptiness.

Her iris held a deep shade of scarlet mixed with their usual blue and her eyeballs felt heavy in their sockets. Her throat was sore and her limbs felt twice as heavy.

She stayed like that all night: being held by her mother and sister, staring into nothing, losing consciousness on and off in what some would call a  dreadful sleep. But not even Morgan's current state stopped Aiyana from making an appearance during her unconscious period.

In one moment the Forbes girl was on the couch in her living room and one blink later, she found herself in the middle of the woods.

Massive trees towered over her surroundings and a warm breeze made the hairs in her arms bristle.

Morgan's eyes traveled around in search for the person she already knew would be there.

And she found her.

Aiyana's platinum hair could be seen a few meters away from where Morgan found herself. She stood in the middle of a bridge and had her hands resting on the wooden guardrail. The witch watched the river that flowed underneath the bridge.

The Forbes girl approached in silence and stopped next to Aiyana, observing the view ahead of them as well.

The sun shone bright in the sky, but not for her. Birds sung in bursts of melody, but not for her. The river took its course, splashing little droplets of fresh water around, but not for her. For Morgan Forbes there was no beauty left in the world.

The women remained quiet, just watching as nature took its course when Aiyana, out of the blue, handed out a protea flower to Morgan. The girl lowered her gaze to the flower, recalling the first time she and Aiyana had met. The flower had blossomed when Gennady -Aiyana's soulmate- died.

The girl bit her lip as tears started pooling in her eyes and took the flower in her hands.

'Don't cry' she lectured herself. 'Keep it together.'

"You need to pack your things." The witch spoke up.

Morgan frowned and turned her face to Aiyana in confusion. "What?"

"New Orleans." She looked over to Morgan. "You must go to New Orleans."

"Why?" The blonde girl wore a puzzled expression.

"Don't you want to know why you caused that explosion? What the death of Kol triggered inside of you?"

"Actually, I don't." She let the protea drop into the river. The water flow carried the flower away. All I want to do is disappear, she thought.