TWENTY THREE

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

IF YOU ASKED Morgan about the following three months, she would probably tell you those were the best ones of her life. No worries, no supernatural, no Mystic Falls. But at the same time the peace was refreshing, it also made a weird feeling take over Morgan's stomach. It felt rather odd to not be involved in a supernatural mess.

"Morgan? Are you even listening to me?" Jeremy's voice rang through the blonde's ears.

Morgan shook her head slightly. "Sorry, what you were saying?"

The Gilbert boy rolled her eyes through the computer. They were having a video call, since Jeremy remained in Mystic Falls while Morgan and Kol fled to New York. "I was telling you about how I have a psychotic will to kill my sister and every single vampire that I see."

Morgan nodded. "Oh, right!" Jeremy rolled his eyes one more time. "And all of this happened after that Connor guy died and you killed one of Klaus' hybrids?"

"Yup."

The girl took a deep breath. "I can ask Kol about it if you want, he may know something. Seeing he's like... really old." She mocked her boyfriend, who sarcastically laughed at her words while the talked to Rebekah on the phone from the other side of the room.

"Don't worry about it." Jeremy insisted, but Morgan wasn't convinced.

"Jer, he's sorry for using you." Morgan said after a few seconds, recalling that Jeremy was probably still being cautious with Kol due to the whole using and almost killing him back in Denver.

The brunet boy remained quiet.

"I am sorry, little Gilbert." Kol's face popped up on Jeremy's screen as he appeared on Morgan's side. "Your friends murdered my brother, it was only fair I tried to make up for it."

Jeremy let out a breathy laugh. "Sure, Kol. But even the sight of you makes me nervous and makes me want to rip you heart and feed it to you. So I'll hang up right now."

"We're... cool, then?" The Mikaelson inquired, the word cool giving him a funny feeling as he said.

"We are." Jeremy assured him. "Talk latter, Morg?"

"Sure." She smiled and ended the call, closing the laptop.

"So you guys are cool?" She teased his choice of words.

"Oh, shut up." Kol kissed her. "So, Rebekah was just asking me what do you want to do for your birthday."

Morgan frowned. "My birthday?" Her expression was puzzled.

"You forgot your own birthday?"

The Forbes girl's eyes were directed to the date on her phone. "Oh, my God I forgot."