Chapter 18

Christine's POV

It's been a week since the whole Raoul incident and he has actually proven himself worthy again. He has been a really good friend to me, and never try's any romantic stunts. He's even saved me from awkward conversations with Adam on several occasions. It's shocking, but he and Erik have been getting along as well. Raoul would often laugh and talk with us in the lair all the time. Tonight was the masquerade and Erik, Nadir, Raoul and I were all having lunch together. The lunch was pleasant and everyone got along nicely. After lunch we all retired to the den of the lair.

"Angel have you decided what you are going to wear to the ball tonight?" He asks. I groan.

"I don't want to go."

"You have to." He says as I lay my head in his chest.

"What's the point? I'm not going to have any fun without you and people are going to ask me to dance with them. Probably Adam. I bet he'll pester me all night." I say in an exaggerated tone to make him jealous.

"I know what you're trying to do and it's not going to work. Besides I'll be watching over you and will check on you every once in a while." He says.

"What if I take you?" Raoul chimes in. I feel Erik tense. "Just as friends," he reassures. "This way you won't be alone and Adam won't pester you all night" he says mimicking my exaggerated tone. I glare at him and he laughs.

"I suppose that will be alright." I say and look up at Erik. He sighs.

"All right. But I want her back by 12:00" he says sternly as I giggle at Raoul's frightened expression.

"So then it's settled." I say. "What do you think I should wear?" I ask looking to Erik then to Raoul.

"White or gold" Raoul says. Erik nods in agreement.

"I'll help you find a dress angel." Erik says kissing my forehead.

"I better go get ready myself." Raoul says then gets up to leave. Erik stands and leads me to a wardrobe in the guest bedroom. He opens it revealing beautiful ball gowns. I gasp at all the expensive fabrics with lots of detailing. He pulls out a beautiful white strapless gowns that has gold detailing all over it. It takes in at the waist and fluffs out around the hips and reaches the ground. It looked like a princess gown. I look up at Erik and smile.

"It's beautiful." I say as he lays the dress on the bed.

"I'm glad you think so. Now you better get ready." He says and gives me a soft kiss on the lips. I nod and give on last glance at the dress before drawing a bath. After I washed up I dried my hair by the fire. I then styled it in an up due with beautiful gold clips, leaving a few curls to frame my face. I then start on my makeup. After I'm satisfied with how I look I slip off my robe and get into my slip. I then try to tie my corset but I can't get it right. I groan in frustration. I walk to the door and open just a little crack and stand behind it. I can hear Erik and Nadir talking.

"Erik?" I call shyly. I hear the talking stop and soon Erik's at the door.

"Yes love?"

"Um.. could you help me tie my corset?" I ask meekly. He laughs.

"Of course mon ange." He says walking into the room. I turn and he gently laces the corset then he turns me around and kisses me. I laugh and try to pull away but he grabs my waist and holds me in place.

"Erik you're going to ruin my make up." I say giggling some more.

"But I love you" he whines. I then give him a quick kiss and shoo him out. I slip on the dress and look in the mirror. The dress is so amazing and I feel beautiful in it. I walk out of the room and both Nadir and Erik turn to look at me. "Stunning" Erik breaths