Chapter 34

Heyyyyy sorry it's been a while but I just got back from my trip to New York! I'm so lucky to have gotten this opportunity to go and yes I did get to not only see Ramin Karimloo in Les Miz, but I did get to meet him. It was so amazing and I had a great time! That being said I'm pretty much free for the majority of the summer so be expecting better updates. Thanks, and sorry for the slow updates!!

********************

Adam Hugh's POV

3 weeks. 3 damn weeks have gone by since I tracked that Persian aristocrat down, and I haven't heard a word from him or the Vicomte. I knew they were going to scam me, and yet I helped them anyway! Why? Because of a woman! Oh miss Daaé what have you done to me?

I know something had to have happened because miss Christine disappeared in the middle of the night last week. Everyone is blaming it on the opera ghost once again, but this time I knew better. I know there's no ghost. Just a man hiding behind lies and a mask to get what he wants. If I ever see him I'll kill him, then take Christine for myself. I can just see it now; The patron of the famed opera populair with the lead soprano on my arm. She will definitely look good in the eyes of the public, and can certainly help boost my image... What am I doing?

I'm appalled that I'm even thinking this way. When has my interest in this girl gone from love to ego? She shouldn't be used as just eye candy. No, a woman as spectacular as herself has so much more potential than just a pretty face. She has fire, yet she knows her place. Always minds her manners, yet isn't afraid to voice her opinion. It seems as though everyone she meets is instantly attracted to her. God, she is going to drive me insane!

Anyway, I can't be sure that the masked feigned has taken Christine, it could have been Raoul or that creepy Persian. Either way she could be trouble, and all I'm doing is sitting here. It's time to take some action.

I head over to the Vicomte's manor and was not surprised when his staff told me he was away on 'business.' The staff had seemed a little shaken, which I found a little odd. I couldn't worry about that though, I was on a mission.

After that visit, I headed across town to the secluded hotel I found the Persian in. Of course there was no trace of him. Growling in frustration, I began to head home. What those two bastards have done with Christine, I do not know. At this point I'm almost hoping that she is with the masked liar. Almost. Despite being a murderer, from what I've heard, he has never harmed Christine. That still doesn't mean that there won't be hell to pay once I find out where these evil men and the angel are.

I groan as I receive news that I have to travel for business. I can't concentrate on my work knowing Christine could be hurt right now, and that it would be all my fault. I was the one who allowed myself to be tricked into aiding the vicomte in finding a dangerous Persian man who was weirdly obsessed with finding Christine. Looking back at the situation I feel so foolish for ever letting it happen.

Warily I open the letter which will tell me were I will be going off to for business. I cut it open with my letter opener and it reads:

New York City

Christine's POV

"Welcome Mrs. Destler, to our new home." Erik announces as he opens the door to our beautiful two story white house. And when I say house, I mean giant mansion. The place was enormous with high ceilings, tons of rooms, and lots of space. Elegant black furniture and dark hardwood floors contrasted beautifully with the whites and creams of the walls and decorations. Deep red Persian rugs were added as nice touches here and there. The beautiful features of the home made me gasp in awe. There was a giant two story library/study with a winding spiral staircase in the back. A music room loaded with all sorts of musical instruments and great acoustics took my breath away. Upon first entering the house I was instantly dazzled by the chandelier hanging in the entryway, and I couldn't help but laugh considering Erik's history with that particular lighting.

I practically darted up the grand staircase to see the next level. Two French doors led into a beautiful master bedroom complete with a lovely master bathroom. The master suit, unlike the rest of the house, was darker. The deep red walls and black accent pieces and furniture in the room screamed 'Erik.' The red satin sheets on the kind sized beds had a black regal pattern with black pillows. Another set of French doors, hidden behind black lace curtains was an extravagant balcony over looking the sea. Oh, did I forget to mention our house was on a cliff side? I looked out in awe at the sea that seemed to go on forever. I felt two familiar hands wrap around my waist and pull me close to a steely frame.

"Do you like it?" Erik whispered, almost anxiously in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. I turn around and throw my arms around his neck.

"Oh Erik! I love it!" I reply still a little out of breath from all of my gaping at this house.

"Are you sure? Because if you want to change anything say the word and it's done." I shook my head.

"It's perfect." I beamed up at him and he gave me a lopsided smile causing me to giggle.

"If it's alright with you, Nadir will be staying with us." He adds.

"That's fine. He's family." I say giving him my approval. All of a sudden Erik's eyes get glassy as he gives me the biggest smile I have ever seen on him. A tear slips down his cheek while smiles at me like an idiot.

"What are you smiling about?" I question. I break into my own smile because his is so contagious.

"Family." He said slowly, as of trying to get used to the word. "I have a family." He then looks to my stomach, which has yet to grow in size, smile still spread across his face.

"Yes my love. I do believe we each have found the family we have been yearning for." And with that Erik crushes his lips onto mine.