Chapter 5

ERIK'S POV

I walk into the den with our pastries and see my beautiful angel sitting and waiting. My angel. It felt so good to say it. Was she really mine? Is this really happening? I would have time to question later. As for now, I would bask in the moment. As I neared my Christine I noticed her rubbing her arms in irritation.

"Still in pain, love?" I questioned as I set the pastries on a table. Luckily I'm prepared and I brought a painkiller and water with me. I hand them to her.

"Thanks" she said with a smile. She took the pill and drank the water. We eat our pastries then, to my dismay, she went back to examining her arms.

"We should change the bandages if you want them to heal, allow me." I rush out of the room and come back moments later with more bandaging. As I remove the old bandages, my angel winces in pain. This only kindles my anger. Every time she recoils in pain is another reason for me to kill the Vicomte. When I'm finally done my poor angel is crying.
"Shhh, angel it's ok. I'm done, your going to be ok." I pull her onto my lap and she sobs into my chest. I know it's more than just physical pain. "What is it angel? What is troubling you?" I can't stand to see her in pain.

"W-what if he c-comes back.." She sobs into my chest. My poor angel is terrified. I can't suppress the growl that escapes my throat.

"If he dares come near my angel," my tone must have been absolutely terrifying for Christine tensed against my body. " I swear I will make him pay for what he has done!" I realize how menacing my tone is when my Christine looked up at me with fear in her eyes. "Oh Christine forgive me! I didn't mean to scare you!"

" It's all right angel." she looked at me with those big brown eyes that you couldn't help but stare at. Those eyes seemed to hold eternity, and now they held endless pain and longing. It was then I realized I wanted to do something bold. something I've wanted to do since that horrible night of Don Juan. I leaned in and kissed her. She was a little surprised at first but gave in. That's when I knew she was truly mine. My angel. My Christine.

----------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter. There will be longer ones once I get on Christmas break tomorrow! Hope yall are enjoying the book so far.