Chapter 27

Erik's POV

"Love lives on"

I remove my hands from the keys of my piano and beam up at my angel. "Very good my angel, next time just don't drag out 'on' next time."

"Alright" she says with a tired smile before collapsing into a nearby chair. We've been working for hours on the new song I wrote for Christine. She may be exhausted but I'm still on adrenaline. Her voice is like a drug, it keeps me going and I never want to stop hearing it, but sometimes I forget that Christine gets tired a lot easier than I do. I think we've been working for an hour, yet four hours would pass.

"Allah Erik you're going to work the poor girl to death!" Nadir exclaims as he walked into the music room. He's been staying with us ever since we heard about Darius. I need more help keeping eyes on Christine during performances and when we go out, which we don't do very often anymore. It's only been a week since we've heard the news, yet we've had to change our lives to be more cautious. A lot has happened in just one week.

For one, Meg has been moved into a protection program, in case Darius wanted to go after her again. Unfortunately we are not allowed to know her location or speak with her. Madam Giry was found in an abandoned cottage on the outskirts of Paris with very little injuries, much to my relief. She is safe and with Meg under protection. The police do not know why Darius is after Christine, and I had nadir flaunt some of my money around important police chiefs to make sure it states that way. If I'm caught then I'll be hung, leaving Christine to fend for herself. That's not an option.

The other odd thing that has me on edge is that we have not seen Raoul since his outburst last week. We've all pushed it to the back of our minds but I know something is off.

"Erik?" Nadir says and I look up at him, having zoned out.

"Yes daroga?" I reply finally looking up.

"Allah Erik, it's Nadir! It's easier to say then daroga, why do you insist on calling me that?!" He fumes. I chuckle at his reaction.

"Because it makes you mad." I say with a smirk. Nadir gives me a pointed look but finally rolls his eyes.

"As I was saying to christine, I think we should go to my café for dinner. I'm hungry and I need to drop by there anyway. You've already missed lunch thanks to the five hours you spent in voice lessons." He says. My eyes nearly pop out of my head

"Five hours?!" I check my pocket watch. "I was sure it was only two.." I trail off when Christine giggles. "What?"

"This happens every time Erik!" She says still giggling.

"I can't help it, when I hear your voice time stops."

"What can I say, I have a great teacher." She says with a little wink. I grin with pride.

Nadir clears his throat gaining both of our attentions. "So... food?"

"Yes!" Christine squeals then darts out of the room.

"Well, I guess we're going." Both nadir and I chuckle.

When we get out of the music room Christine is just coming out of the bed room already changed into a light blue dress.

"Well that was fast." I comment raising my eyebrows.

"I'm hungry!" She giggles while I help put her cloak on, and she places my fedora on my head. "Can we please walk? I haven't seen the sun in forever." Christine begs. Both nadir and i stiffen a little. The café isn't very far, but I don't want something to happen to Christine.

"I know what you're thinking but nothing is going to happen in broad daylight! There will be lots of people around and we'll be fast. Please?!" She begs again. Then she pulls the puppy dog eyes on us. God how can I resist that?