Chapter 16

ERIKS POV

It has been a few hours since the doctor told us the horrible news. I have been sitting by my angels hospital bed watching over her. Christine has just been staring at nothing, a blank expression on her face ever since the doctor left. I knew she was still in shock, and I planned to be right by her side as soon as she snapped back into reality. I leaned back in my chair and briefly closed my eyes. The second we get back home I swear I'm going to kill that damned boy in the worst possible way I can imagine. He deserves to rot in hell for what he's done to my Christine. She has always wanted to be a mother and he tore that away from her. I never gave kids any thought, considering I never expected to find love, but after knowing that I would have had one of my own, I started to really like the idea. I could just imagine my Christine singing to our child while I play piano. Once the child was old enough I would teach it how to play, and they would be a musical genius. The only problem was me. What if they had my face? The poor child would grow through hell like I did. But I would love it anyway, and so would Christine. She is the most loving woman I have ever met. Tears threatened to escape my eyes as I dreamed of what it would be like to have a child. I quickly composed myself. I promised I was going to stay strong for my angel. I couldn't let us both fall apart. I Couldn't even imagine her pain. She lost a childhood friend, and her only tie to her father, and her ability to be a mother all in one day. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a weak voice.

"I'm sorry." I quickly turned all of my attention to Christine who was still staring off into space. A single yet was cascading down her beautiful face.

"Shh, angel you should not be apologizing if you did nothing wrong." I say while gently picking up her hand.

"I put our baby in danger." She whispers and a few more tears fall.

"Christine, no. The only one to blame is him. You had no idea you were pregnant, and all you did was walk outside. You can't blame yourself, it will get you no where." She finally turned to look at me and her pained eyes began to soften.

"Your right." she says as I gently lay a kiss on her forehead. "Are you ok?"

I smile at her. She's the one going through all the pain, and she's concerned about me. "I'm just concerned about you." She gives me a weak smile.

"We'll get through this." I see her hope in her eyes. "I just want to go home." She says well pulling her blanket closer to her.

"I'll see what I can do about that." I say while standing. "I'll be right back." I kiss her forehead gently and go to find a doctor. A few minutes I return to find my angel asleep. The doctor said we could leave and I carefully lifted my Christine out of the bed, careful not wake her. I walk outside to see Nadir with my carriage. I gently lay Christine inside and put my cloak on her so she'll be warm.

What I didn't tell Christine was that we weren't in Paris right now. I was wanted in Paris so I quickly took her to a hospital in one of the towns on the outskirts of France. This way I could tell them who I was and that we were married. If I hadn't then I wouldn't have been able to see her, and I know she needed me there. The journey was a day and a half by carriage. Due to my desperation and quick thinking however, I was able to mount a horse with Christine in my arms and using shortcuts a carriage couldn't, I made it here in a matter of hours. The doctors assured me that all the damage had occurred during the impact so The journey did not harm my Christine. I also didn't tell her that she was unconscious for almost two days. I didn't want to add stress on top of everything she was going through.

"How'd she take the news?" Nadir asked when I sat next to him in the drivers seat. I had sent Nadir a letter as soon as we arrived, asking him to bring the carriage.