Chapter 2

ERIKS POV

I arrived at the Vicomte's mansion, and prepared myself for heart break. No matter how much it hurt, I would not abandon my angel. I scoped out the house till I finally found Christine's room. I looked at her from the balcony. She was sound asleep, but her cheeks were stained with tears. My poor angel, what had I done to her?! I was thinking I could grab her now, take her back to my liar, and hope she would forgive me. The more time that passed, the better my plan sounded. I was about to take action when she suddenly let out a loud scream, and sat up in bed gasping for breath and crying. I wanted to run to her and comfort her but I heard the Vicomte running down the hall. I carefully concealed myself, but still had a perfect view of what was happening.

"Christine?!" He gasped a little out of breath, "What happened?"

She let out a small sob. " I had a nightmare that I was with the man I love more than life its self, and we were together and happy until a monster showed up and killed him!" My heart stopped. She was talking about me. I was a monster. I felt so horrible.

"Christine, I'm so sorry. I'm glad I got you away from.. Him as soon as I did." he was walking to her, and reached a hand toward her, but she suddenly flinched back.

"No Raoul" she said hoarsely. her eyes were full of fear, yet confidence. "Erik wasn't the monster, you were!"

I didn't even get my moment to be happy that she loved me before I became outraged. As soon as she said this Raoul hit her across the face so hard that she fell over and off the bed. he was screaming at her and babbling on about how she was "his," all the while beating her. I then realized he was drunk. Christine kept pleading for him to stop, but in vain. I was furious. Just as I was about to run in there and kill him myself, he held her up against the wall by her throat. She gasped for breath as his grip tightened. I was frozen. If I went in there now he might kill her.

I watched in horror as he squeezed tighter and tighter. "What will your angel think of you when you can no longer sing?!" He sneered with a wicked grin.

"Raoul... Please..." She was barley breathing. He finally let go. I could see the bruises from where I was. My angel sunk to the floor like weak putty. He marched out of the room proudly, slamming the door.

There was no way I was letting her stay here. I took a deep breath and walked into her room. I hoped she would forgive me.