Chapter 18 - Clark Edward

Pepper: I had been there when you woke up.
-Pepper looked at Tony-
Now it wasn't like the graceful and peaceful "I'm wake now, can we leave?". It was more like... "I'm dying I'm dying! Wait no... I'm wake now.." Kind of wake up. Except in the most extreme way where you were more likely to die then survive. 98% more likely is what the doctor told me.

Peppers POV

After checking on Tony once again, I jumped into a cab and went to work. It has gotten normal checking on Tony. I mean yes I would still cry and hate myself for letting him go out and fight but people finally realized why I wasn't at work in the morning. I walked into the halfway made building and waved to Charlotte, the front desk lady.

"Morning...." I smiled at her. A fake smile. I was getting the hang of it so people didn't have to come over and comfort me. Which I hated. Sometimes I just wanted to be alone.

"Morning Miss Potts!" She said "Oh by the way, a man named..." She looked at a piece of paper and then held it out. "Clark Edward is waiting in your office." She said with a smile streaming across her face.

"Is he here about the building?" I asked taking the paper.

"No.... He just walked in and asked to see you." Charlotte said with a confused voice.

"Okay..." I said and nodded making my way to the elevator. I pressed a button and started my going up. Once I arrived, the entire office floor was deserted.

"Hello?" I asked knocking on the doors and windows. No one appeared. It was usually busy. Was it lunch time already? I checked my watch. 10:35am. I made my way down the hall slowly till I got to the end. My office. The door to my office was closed and apparently locked. I tried opening it once again and again but it didn't budge. I slammed into it, the door flew open and I face-planted to the ground.

"Ow..." I slowly got up. I rubbed my face and picked up my purse, standing up. I brushed my self off and took a look up. The entire place was trashed. My desk was flipped over, the computer on the ground and shelves broken or flipped over also. Wood chips from the shelves were everywhere on the ground. The lights from the ceiling were broken or the bull was broken on the ground. Shards of glass was everywhere too.

I walked in with my mouth wide open in a "O" shape.

What

The

Hell

Happened?

I took my time so I didn't step on any glass or wood. I was looked around to room. Everything was destroyed. In the corner of my eye, I saw figure. I looks towards it. It was a man. He had a baseball cap on with raggedy clothes and tennis shoes on. He was sitting in my chair for the desk in the middle of the room, his hands clasped together.

"Clark?" I say confused. He didn't reply or look up. He just put his hands down and got up from the chair. He walked up to me and smiled.

"Miss Potts...." The man coughed. Wait.., I recognize that voice..

"J--Justin?"

I know this chapter is very very short but I needed something to get the next chapter going so.... Sorry! I have the next chapter waiting I just need to add to it... It will be out around Sunday hopeful (January 25, 2015). Keep reading! Hope your enjoying the book! Bai my Gallifreyans!!