Chapter 1 - Beginnings

CHAPTER 1

Ring Ring Ring Ring.... "This is Pepper Potts speaking, how may i help you?." 5 seconds. "Oh okay." 2 seconds. "Yes..." 1 second "Okay Thank You i will be on my way." Pepper put the phone down and quietly started crying.

Again. Not again. She thought. T-this is the 2nd time in a week! Pepper rose from her seat and packed her purse then walked out. She got into her car and drove to the hospital. Once there she ran inside.

"Tony Stark please." Pepper said as she walked up to the front desk. The lady looked at her funny. She was chewing her gum, reading a book.

"Room 23." Pepper quickly speed walked past her and the lady rolled her eyes. Pepper ran into the room. "Tony!" she walked to the side of the bed of him. Tony looking all bloodily and broken. "I-im so sorry. Plea---"

Pepper: "Wait wait wait. Lets start from the beginning please!"

Tony: "Fine fine. Lets see.... It all started...... 10 years ago.... Mm... Right?"

10 YEARS AGO

"Mr. Stark you have one meeting with Mr. Hammer in the meeting room." said Tonys workers, June.

"Thank You June." Tony finished up on what he was working and slowly got up. In this office (Tony was in) was big for party's. It had 2 decks. One with a big computer on it that Tony works on and the other one tucked in the corner and never used.

"Oh and Mr. Stark, we have hired a new workers for you in case Im gone. Which I am. Her name is Miss. Pepper Potts so be nice." June said and hanged up.

"Yeah yeah." Tony mumbled to himself. He walked out the office and went down the elevator on the 7th floor to the meeting room. "This better be good Just--" he ran into someone, making the person drop her papers. "Oh oh im sorry lady... Um..." Tony looked at her. She had strawberry hair and beautiful skin. Her make-up and lips her dashing and lucky no freckles. "Um um... Im Tony Stark. By any chance.... Did you just.... um start here?" Tony said with a little laugh and started picking up the folders she dropped.

"Um yeah... oh sorry Im Miss. Pepper Potts." She said smiling and sticked her hand out and Tony shaked it.

"Sorry i umm... ran into you.... Heheheh yeah..." Tony picked up one of the folders and inside a paper sticking out with a picture of a face very very filmier to Tony. "Uh um..." Pepper quickly took the folder and smiled. "Um thank you for getting my stuff.. Um yeah... I have to go now... FYI You have a meeting with Just--"

"Yeah yeah i know..." Tony said and cut her off. "Thanks..." Tony slowly turned and started walking but stopped and turned around about to ask a question...... She was gone. "Okay then..." Tony quickly walking in the meeting room.

"Stark your late... Like always..." said a laugh coming from the voice of Justin.

Tony: "I wasnt that late!"

Pepper: "You were like 30 mins."

Tony: "Was not!"

Pepper: "Was 2!! You know what. whatever! Just keep on with the story!"

Tony: Fine! I will!!!

Tony slowly sat down. "Well you know... business.... and stuff.." Tony said with a nervous laughter. "Anyways. What the hell do u want?"

"I just want to say "Hi and I" Justin spined and made gun fingers pointing them at Tony. "Want to work with you."

"Okay.... Im going to a no..."

"Wait wait! You havent even heard what im doing. What i was thinking was i could make like... steel men and they could stop from people breaking the law. They would be our new cops. And there will be toys for kids to learn about them. But i cant do this without you. So im asking. Would you want to join?"

There was a long slience.

"No"

"Oh come on Stark! You know you want to do it!"

"Justin, I would rather see the company crash and burn and for me to die. Thats a bit stupid and i dont wanna. That's my finally answer. Now leave off please." Tony got up and started walking out.

"Okay Stark! But this wont be the last of me!" He screamed as the doors closed behind Tony. Tony sighed walking and rolled his eyes. Dumbass. Tony thought and strolled on to his office.