♥ 17 ♥

That morning, Spencer and I scrambled around to go to breakfast before we both headed off to work. I went to the bathroom to put on my scrubs and pulled up my hair. As I walk out of the bedroom to put my shoes on, Spencer comments, "You look better with your hair down, baby."

"Gee, thanks, I thought you'd say I look beautiful all the time." I laugh. He looks at me from across the way in the kitchen.

"You do- I just meant that I feel a sort of way when you have your hair down." He smirks. I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso, looking up and smiling. Spencer reciprocates the beaming face before he kisses me.

"What happened to keep me tucked away, only for you to love?" I recall the same words he said the one day while I was in the hospital recovering. He beams an even deeper shade of red, "With my hair down, any man can stare at me, fulfilling all their wildest fantasies..."

"Ah... you are correct my love, best keep that hair up so I can keep you tucked away."

Driving to the diner for breakfast, the radio turns on and plays, "Ophelia" by The Lumineers. I smile, singing along. I get glances from Spencer even after he wraps his arm around me, pulling my body closer to his. I continue singing to the music and using my fingers to play the piano part from the song on his knee.

"𝓗𝓸𝓷𝓮𝔂 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓮..."

Pulling into the parking lot, Spencer was a gentleman and opened the passenger door for me and helped me out of the car. He does a "ladies first" when he let me pass him at the entrance. Sitting down at a booth by a window, and we both order coffee. After a few minutes of sighs and stolen glances, Spencer says, "Tonight's the big night huh?" He raises his eyebrows.

Huh? What?

"I'm confused..." I give him a furrowed look and take a sip of my coffee as the server places it in front of me.

"Dinner with your parents, right?"

"Oh yeah." I roll my eyes at the thought.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Starting to rub my hand, he brings it up to his lips and kisses it sweetly.

I shake my head saying, "Better not, I don't want to give my mother and sister a reason to belittle me more than they already do."

"You don't like your family?"

"No."

"How come you don't ever talk about it?"

"It's not important, besides, there's still a lot you don't know about me." I smile, winking at the beautiful boy in front of me.

He manages to smirk. "Well, looks like my girl can be mysterious as well." He chuckles.

I smile at him and nod. "You of all people should know that everyone has things that they rather not talk about."

"You have a point, but just know that if they ever trouble you, don't be afraid to talk to me about it."

We sip on our cups of coffee. Letting out a soft sigh, I look at him, noticing the gentleness in his gaze. It was honestly a sweet moment for the both of us, I honestly can't remember the last time I actually spent time with him like this.

I need this Spencer to wake up to more often. I'm sure I probably shouldn't get used to it, to be honest. Yet, I'm still going to enjoy this morning while I can, despite the likeliness of it hardly happening again. Pushing those thoughts away, I grab Spencer's hand from across the table.