Chapter 23

Ranking: Sang, Luke, Gabriel, Sean, North, Raven, Owen, Axel, Kota, Corey, Victor, Brandon, Marc, Nathan, Kevin, and Silas.

I yawned again, leaning my head against Luke's shoulder. At first I watched the others pick their opponent until I became too sleepy to watch them. Since there sixteen of us, the boys were able to stay within their group. Originally it would be Luke and Gabriel, Sean and North, Raven and Owen, Axel and Kota, Corey and Victor, Brandon and Silas, Marc and Nathan, with Kevin having to partner with another. Now with me, they switched around, deciding to take different partners. Luke and I were one, while Gabriel and Sean partnered. North and Raven, Owen and Axel, Kota and Marc, Victor and Nathan, Silas and Corey, and Brandon and Kevin.

You would have thought that it would only take a few moments for the other classmates to pick a partner, but then Jade tried to poach an already taken student. Then there were arguments and name throwing.

"We can't hit a girl," one of the boys whispered.

"I could," Raven spoke jovially.

"Raven," Corey gasped. "You wouldn'...actually you would." He sighed. "I think all of us would if it wasn't for the rules."

"I'm a Williams!" Jade's screechy voice made Amara grumble in annoyance. "I don't want her! I want..."

Can't we shut her up? Amara spoke to me in a hopeful tone. Just one bite and we're free from her annoyingness.

I smirked. I don't think so.

Amara pouted. She POUTED. I rolled my eyes. That won't work on me, love. I perfected that move.

She huffed. If I can't eat her, then can we shut her up by doing something? I'm about to go deaf with how high she's screaming.

"Fine. Do you know why she's keeps yelling her last name?"

Amara's deadpan eyes looked at me. I don't have a clue. I've been in the forest with you for years. I wouldn't know why she keeps yelling her name as if she's some sort of goddess. Even if she was a goddess, I could easily kill her. Why don't you ask one of your love bugs?

I crossed my arms, straightening my back. I ignored the curious looks from the boys around me. They're not in love with me.

She curled her lips back in amusement. Maybe not right now, but later.

I huffed. You're so weird. You want all these men to be in love with me?

The amusement faded from her eyes and she faced me. I don't want them to be, but I can't control their emotions, Sang. If I could, we would run away. We would be alone and free from any ties and live the way we want, but I know that isn't what you want. You want to love and be loved, and I will always support you. She sniffed haughtily. Anyway you're not alone. If you don't want one of them, I could always eat them.

I smiled. So bloodthirsty. Thanks, Amara, for being there for me.

Her amethyst eyes smiled as she wrapped her body around mine. Her warmth was so comforting. Always, Sang. Now let's shut that bitch up.

My eyes snapped open, and a wave of my power rippled through the room. All the screaming and taunting stopped as the idiots turned towards me with caution in their eyes. Unlike my previous exhibit earlier today, my power didn't send them to the floor. Movement at the front of the room had me smiling. The teacher was sitting at his desk, sitting elegantly and sipping tea from his white porcelain tea cup. His amused silver eyes met mine, and he tilted his head, asking me what my next move would be.