Chapter 6

I woke up, instantly knowing I was no longer in the Forest. I was inside a bedroom. The mattress I was currently on was like laying on a cloud, and the sheets were so soft and silky. I sat up, running my hands against the sheets. I have never felt anything like this before. There weren't many luxuries in the Forbidden Forest.

I looked around the room, noticing the extreme grandeur. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling. The room was coated in a soft pink, and gold curtains hung from the windows. Twisting my body, I set my feet down, and immediately yanking them up at the soft fuzzy floor. I looked down to see a furry rug. I poked at it. It wasn't an animal skin but made from fabric. I strode to the window, blinking at the view. I was definitely no longer in the Forest. A garden that was acres long and wide sat below my window. Beyond the garden was a wall.

I scratched my arm, finally noticing that I was also no longer in my usual clothes. I was dressed in silk pajamas. My eyebrow twitched. Those boys better not have been the ones to change my clothes. If so, there would be one less male in the world.

The door opened behind me, and a gasp rang through the room. I turned to see a woman standing there. She was tall with brown hair. Her brown eyes reminded me of a deer. In fact, from what Amara was smelling, she was a deer shifter. She was dressed in a black dress with a white apron. She bowed. "Lady Sang, you're awake."

I blinked again at her words. Lady? I wanted to look around me because I knew that I was far from a proper lady. I frowned. "Where the fuck am I? Wait, what's your name first?"

She blanched. "My name is Karen, and I have been your maid for the past three days. We are in the palace in the Capital."

"Who changed my clothes?" I yanked at the pink shirt.

She bowed her head. "I did, Lady Sang. Would you like to take a shower and get dressed?"

I saw the bath inside the bathroom. I waved her away. "No, I can do it myself. Can you tell the men that brought me here that I am awake? I want to go back to my home."

Karen looked confused before nodding and exiting my room. I quickly made my bath and scrubbed myself. My hair felt so clean and soft with the shampoo that was in here. The scent was soft and slightly musky. I sighed, resting against the wall of the tub. The bubbles covered everything below the water. I was almost asleep again when the bathroom door burst open.

I screamed, my sword already in my hand as the person stumbled to a stop. I had wrapped my left arm around my chest but it didn't cover much unfortunately. I growled at the man with blonde strands in his hair. Blue eyes took me in and widened. His mouth dropped open and he seemed frozen.

I felt the fire begin to rise. I growled. "Get out."

"Sorry," he yelled as he turned around. "I knocked on the door, and when you didn't answer, I got worried. Fuck, I'll see you outside."

Frowning that I got interrupted, I wiped myself dry before getting out. I looked up in exasperation when I noticed that I forgot a change of clothes. Wrapping a towel around myself, I opened the door, bracing myself for the man in my room. My eyebrows went up in surprise as the lack of anyone in my room. Quickly, I ran towards the door and flipped the lock. Moving quickly, I went towards the drawers. Dozens of bras and panties of different fabrics and colors sat in the wooden drawers. Grabbing a light blue bra and underwear, I clothed myself with the basics before moving to the closet which held a plethora of dresses. My lips curled at the sight. I flipped through the clothes when I noticed a pair of pants tucked in the back. The jeans were soft and fit perfectly. I found a pink top that was flowy.

A knock at my door had me calling forth a dagger from my dimensional space. Unlocking the door, I saw a crowd men standing in front of the door. I widened the door and stared at them. Sean was the first to speak. "Pookie, you look good."