CHAPTER 34: Safe when with him

Start from the beginning

I made my way inside the company. I was about to go to the reception when someone called me.

"Bella?" I turned around to see who was it.

I froze on my place, seeing the person standing in front of me. Tears started forming in my eyes. I hate him. I hate him so much.

"Bella." He said and started coming towards me.

"S-Stay away from me Steve." I said in a scared voice.

"Bella, listen to me." he said coming near me.

"I said stay away." I said in a loud voice. Everyone passing by stopped and looked at us, those who were working stopped their work and looked at us.

Steve looked around and then said "Bella, let's talk."

"I don't want to talk to you." With that I was about to leave when Steve held my hand and dragged me with him. "Steve leave my hand." I said trying to get out of his tight grip, but he was too strong. "Let me go please."

When we were outside the company, he stopped. "Bella, listen to me, that day whatever happened I-I know I did wrong. I-I shouldn't have done that. But I was drunk Bella and I lost it."

"Really Steve?" I scoffed. "I don't need any explanation from you, I thought you'd help me as a friend but you, you are a monster."

"No Bella, I am sorry. I am really sorry for whatever I did-" I cut him off.

"No you're not. Since college I thought that you are my friend, but you never thought me as your friend, you just wanted my body. That's it."

"No."

"Yes Steve. I can't forgive you. I am sorry." I was about to leave when again he held my hand and turned me around. "Let me go."

He pulled me closer to him and pinned my hand behind my back. I tried to fight him, but failed. "Yes you are right, I came close to you just for one reason. But you always kept me in the friend zone. Why Bella? Don't you feel anything for me."

I was trying my best to get away from him. I felt so helpless at that moment, I felt so weak. I was angry at myself thinking that once I called this asshole my best friend.

"You are such an asshole."

"I just want you baby. Just once. You and me just one night."

"Let me go Steve. Please."

"Let her go." A voice came from behind me and listening to that voice I felt myself relaxing.

Liam.

Steve looked at the person and instantly he left my hand. I turned around to look at Liam, my eyes were teary, Liam just stared at me blankly. He made his way towards us and stood in front of Steve.

Liam scanned Steve and asked "You are?"

"Mr. Parker, we haven't met yet. I am Steve Williams. I work in your company, in the IT Department" Steve replied.

What the fuck! No.

"You do?" Liam asked him again, in a calm voice.

"Yes Mr. Parker. It's a pleasure to meet you Sir."

Liam smiled and said "Can't say the same." Liam then looked at me and asked Steve "And who is she to you?"

Steve looked at me nervously and replied "Just an old friend."

Liam asked me with the same calm voice "Are you?"

His eyes were not leaving mine. I can't tell him about me and Steve. I think I shouldn't. And even if I tell him, what will he do, nothing. He doesn't even care.