Chapter Twenty-two: Crime

"Baby." Pauly said, wrapping his arms around her. "You haven't been sleeping properly."

      "It's just my insomnia, babe." Raven said. "Just too much stress."

     "How about we go on a date today?" Pauly asked. "Just us."

     Raven smiled. "Please?"

     "I can honestly say, I've never pulled a robbery like that." Raven said. "Once they are in someone else's bed, all bets are off." She took a sip of coffee.

      "I'm glad you weren't in the room." Pauly said drinking water. "It sounded horrible."

     Raven giggled. "I really needed this, Pauly."

    Pauly kissed her hand. "Anything for you, babe." She said making her blush. "I really do love you, Raven."

      "I love you too, Pauly."

       "Where's Raven at?" Deena asked Pauly. 

       "Doing some modeling." Pauly said. Deena has been trying to get him to take her side on what she did to Mike. "She won't be home for dinner or in time to go to the club."

       "That's a shame man." Vinny groaned. "She's always my dance partner at the club."

       "She's mine, bro!" Pauly teased Vinny.

      "What are you going to do when her family comes down?" Deena asked, trying to make a conversation with the boys.

      "They already met me in America." Pauly said. "Well, minus Angelo and his family. Her nana and nano already like me."

       "Italian families are very hospitable." Vinny said. "So you should be good."

       "Always." Pauly said. "They have always treated me with love and the food is always the best and taste amazing."

       "True that." Vinny said. 

       "Yo." Vinny said the next morning. "Where the hell is Raven?"

       Pauly was already on the phone. "At the hospital apparently." Sammi said, twisting her fingers around. "A thermos exploded and hit Raven in the face late last night."

       "Oh my god!" Vinny exclaimed.

       "Nothing is broken, right?" Pauly interrupted. "Okay, good. Just light bruising. Okay, baby. I'll see you here soon."

       "So, what exactly happen?" Sammi asked.

       Everyone came into the room. "What do you mean?" Jenni asked.

       "Well, last night, a thermos got like super cold and the lid was stuck." Pauly said and only two people understood what he was talking about. "So, before Raven picked it up, some moron poured super hot water over it and it blew up when she went to pick it up."

       "Fucking hell." Snooki said. "Is she good?"

      "Luckily, she only had light bruising." Pauly said. "They did have to get some plastic from her eye, but, she's fine now."

        Raven was exhausted when she walked through the doors of the house, only to be met with Pauly, Marco, and Angelo all talking and laughing. "Angelo?" Raven asked. "Marco?"

       "Ciao." Angelo said. "We came to check on you."

        "You guys are so sweet." Raven muttered. "But, tell papa, nana, and nano that I'm fine."

       "Well, get some rest." Marco kissed her head. "You have a good man by your side."

       Angelo nodded. "I didn't think I would like him that much." Angelo shrugged. "Never did like much of the men you dated, but he is a good one."

        "Thanks, man." Pauly bro hugged him. "I'll be sure to send you a wedding invite."

        Angelo just laughed. "I'll be there." Angelo said, clasping hands. The real reason they were here was not only yo check up on Raven, but, to help Pauly pick a ring out for Raven. "Rest easy, Rae."

        "I will." Raven said, kissing their cheek. "Babe, can we lay down?"

        "Of course, mi amor." Pauly said, picking up Raven. "I'll do anything for you."

        "Who the hell is fighting?" Pauly asked, rushing to get up after coming back home from the club.

         Raven ran to in to see Ronnie and Mike throwing punches at each other. "What happened?" Raven asked Jenni.

         "Mike was talking shit, I guess." Jenni said. "And he told Sam and then she confronted Ron about it."

        "Sam!" Raven pulled her out of the way before she got shoved. "Oh my god!" Mike smashes his head into the concrete wall like a dumbass. 

        "Mike." Jenni said. "Can you hear me?"

        "He's got a concussion." Raven muttered. "Keep his head still because he might have injured his neck."

        "Are you serious?" Deena asked.

       "He just rammed his head into a cement wall, Deena." Raven said, coming to hold Mike's head for Jenni. "I'm not playing."

       "