Kenma

October 16th, Kenma's 17th birthday (he's going to be referred to as Kozume since it's his last name)

Kozume peeked open his eyes, sunlight pouring through the windows of his bedroom. He shut his eyes and turned to the side, checking the time. 9:12.

Kozume got out of bed, sliding to the floor rather slowly and walking into the bathroom. So early for a weekend...

He had just under an hour until he was officially 17 and could (presumably) talk to his soulmate.

He hadn't really thought about what he was going to do with that information. Should he try to write to the person? Maybe see if they say something? If the soulmate was already 17, they would feel the same weird tingly sensation the birthday person would get. It made Kozume nervous. What if they noticed the feeling but Kozume never tried to contact?

He showered at a slower pace, wanting to slow time down so he could think for just a minute longer.

As Kozume stepped out of the shower, he checked the time. 9:48. That was a long shower. He got dressed and started a game on his phone, but wasn't really invested in it. Only 18 minutes. Kozume suddenly felt what felt like a pen tip tracing around his arm.

"Mom. I can feel them. Or something."

"That's normal, hun. It's so close to your time that your body's preparation is basically done, so even though you can't write back or see what they're writing, you can feel it." Kozume's anxieties decreased just slightly at that.

"Okay."

"Maybe you should go get a pen? Only 4 minutes."

Kozume walked back upstairs and grabbed a random pen from his desk, sitting on his bed. He was playing a game when he suddenly felt a strange, numb feeling travel through him. He checked the time and sighed deeply. 10:06.

'Hi?' Kozume wrote, not checking any other writing that had appeared.

'Uh. Tf?' His soulmate wrote back. Kozume frowned a bit. That wasn't something you should say to you soulmate.

'I don't think this is normal...' Kozume suddenly realized there were two different handwritings covering his arm. There were three of them.