Bokuto

September 20, Bokuto's 17th birthday

Bokuto got out of bed quickly, showering and eating a small breakfast. He couldn't force much down his throat, but he tried. He might be able to talk to his soulmate tonight!

Of course, there was always a lingering question of if his soulmate had turned 17 yet, or if they might already be dead. It wasn't likely, but that didn't mean it couldn't happen. The question of if they were even 17 was completely valid, though.

He did the little math he knew to figure out in how many hours he would actually be 17 in. He was born at 10:52 at night so... in 16 hours and 20 minutes!

The school day passed quickly, along with volleyball. The third years kept yelling at the distracted second year, but they knew it was quite possibly one of the most important days of his life. They couldn't blame him, they acted the same way.

"We have 10 minutes left, Bokuto-chan. Only 10, then you can go home and do whatever it is you're planning on doing." Bokuto ignored being called 'Bokuto-chan' and nodded. Eventually, it was time to leave. Everyone wished the owl good luck in his way out.

Hours ticked by slowly, even with his favorite movies playing. He was looking up at the clock and at his phone every 2 minutes, which was driving him insane. It felt like hours! His parents tried distracting him, but it didn't work.

"It's 10:50. 2 minutes. Almost there." Bokuto looked away and played a random game on his phone, trying to make the minutes go faster. He felt a weird tingle settle over his body and looked up. 10:52 pm.

Bokuto ran to his desk and grabbed a pen, quickly writing a greeting that it was just his birthday. No response.

"Maybe in the morning?" Bokuto asked himself hopefully. He woke up for school and checked everywhere in his body before showering. Still nothing there. He washed reluctantly.

"So, soulmate update?" Sarukui interrogated Bokuto on the way to school. Bokuto shook his head.

"I don't think they're 17 yet." Sarukui patted his shoulder.

"They have to get there eventually, right?" Bokuto smiled. Bokuto also updated the rest of the team, and couldn't help but notice a small look of relief on Akaashi's face when he said it. He decided it would be fun to wait, and randomly have the feeling of the tingle come back one day.

He drew a small flower on the inside of his wrist everyday, just for fun. And so the first thing his soulmate saw was a pretty little flower.