𝐈𝐈𝐈.

3rd POV

"J-josh." Amelia whispers, regret and sadness laced in her voice. "Is he okay?"

Addison and Bryce glance at the other unsure on whether to tell her or not.

"Guys come on." Amelia pushes the two.

"He's been... not doing well." Bryce admits. "He nearly broke my door and scared the shit out of Addison when he saw your post."

"Please come with us to the Sway house!" Addison suddenly begs. "He needs you."

Amelia stares at the ground in deep thought. In reality she was scared, terrified even. What if he wanted nothing to do with her? What if he hated her?

"Melly..." Addison says the nickname she's had since they were children with big puppy dog eyes. "He's a mess."

Amelia sighs quietly before hesitantly nodding her head. "Let me grab my shoes and coat."

"I'll drive." Bryce offers and Addison nods while Amelia just walks away.

The car ride is tense, none of them knowing what to say to the other.

As they pull up to the Sway house both Addison and Bryce exit the car but stop when they realize Amelia wasn't following.

"Melly?" Addison questions worriedly looking back towards the car.

"I just need a minute." She replies back. Her breathing starts picking up and she suddenly feels like she can't breathe. She claws at her throat as she gasps.

"Amelia! Amelia!" Bryce shouts in panic along with Addison and rushes towards her side. "It's okay it's okay!"

But Bryce's presence seems to only make her worse.

Addison notices headlights pulling up to the house and she wipes her tears as Bryce continues to try and help her sister. She leans her head against the car trying to stop her tears. It broke her heart that something had hurt her sister this much. She was a completely different person, the Amelia she grew up with was strong and independent, she never let anyone get her down.

She turns her head when she notices the two figures hop out of the familiar car.

"Addison what's wrong?" Josh questions with furrowed brows as he speeds up his pace, Jaden right behind him.

"Stop! Amelia STOP!" Bryce yells in panic as he attempts to hold her hands down. "Addison help!" He yells, not knowing Josh or Jaden were present.

Josh's eyes widen and he looks to Addisons tear stricken face for confirmation and she nods. He sprints towards the open back seat door to see what was going on.

Josh visibly stumbles back in shock from what he saw. Amelia gasping for air as she tries to claw her own throat, a little bit of blood trails down from her throat from before Bryce could stop her.

Jaden stands back with his arms crossed knowing he shouldn't get in the middle of something he knew nothing of and leans against Josh's car with a solemn look.

He didn't know Amelia but everyone here obviously cared deeply for her. From watching Addison leaning against the car sobbing, Bryces yells of panic, and Josh barely being able to stay on his feet was clue enough.

Bryce finally notices the two boys and that Addison was too deep into crying to help so he yells for Jaden. "God damn it! Jaden get in here."

Jaden is quick to open the other side of the back seat doors and his eyes widen when he sees the same thing Josh saw but he quickly snaps out of it when Bryce yells again. "Hold her arms down!"

Jaden quickly wraps his arms around her from behind and restrains her arms. "It's okay, it's okay." He tries to soothe the girl unknown to him.

Bryce grabs her face forcefully yet not rough and tries to get her to look at him. "Amelia it's okay! It's just Bryce!"

Jaden notices her whole body tense and next thing that happened shocked him. She started kicking the boy as hard as she could.

"It's all your fault! Get away from me! Get away!" She screams at the top of her lungs.

"Amelia!" Bryce yells but you can see the hurt in his eyes he tries desperately to hide.

"Get away! You did this!" She screams again, her panic attack seemingly getting worse every time he speaks.

"Bryce get out!" Jaden suddenly yells. Having no clue what was going on but knowing Bryce was setting her off.

Bryce hesitates but when she continues to kick him, no doubt leaving bruises he quickly backs away and shuts the car door.

Jaden notices the girl immediately relaxing her shoulders and her hands grab his forearms that were still holding her down.

Her screams of anger and panic turned into the most heartbreaking sobs he's ever heard in his life.

"Hey hey hey, it's going to be okay. I promise." And although he didn't know Amelia, he made a promise that night. That he would figure out what was haunting this girl and help her.

Josh bends down and leans his head in his legs taking harsh deep breaths.

Bryce was practically out of breath and staring at the cement floor.

"Why was she yelling at you like that?" Addison questions Bryce with narrowed puffy eyes.

Bryce just mumbles, brushing off the question. "I don't know Addy."

Josh finally stands up from the ground and shakily makes his way towards the car and opening the door.

He notices that Amelia had fallen asleep, but was still restrained in Jadens arms as the boy just watches her carefully.

"I'll take her." Josh whispers and brings his arms around her back but Jaden just shakes his head.

"I got her Josh, it's fine."

"Dude just let me grab her." Josh's voice showing his easily rising temper at the moment.

"I said I'll grab her Josh. Lay off." He knew it probably wasn't fair that he wasn't letting the boy take his best friend whom he hadn't seen in months. But he wanted to take care of her, he didn't know why. He just had an urge not to let her go.

Josh's hand turns white from gripping the car door so hard. "You don't think she's going to freak out if she wakes up to a total stranger carrying her? Do you want to send her into another panic attack?!" Josh raises his voice once again making Addison wince.

"Shut up dude." Jaden scoffs. "How do you think she'll feel waking up to her best friend she hasn't seen in six months who couldn't even help her while she was going through a panic attack."

"Guys stop!" Addison aggressively whisper-shouts at them both. "Jaden bring her into the guest room." She sighs defeatedly.

Jaden nods at her and slowly cradles her into his arms like he would a baby and slides out of the car, walking past the three of them with out another glance.

"What the hell Addison?" Josh questions furiously, throwing his hands in the air.

Addison throws her arms towards the door. "Look at her Josh. Something happened to her. She doesn't need people fighting about her she just needs help." She sighs.

"I'm her best friends, I can help her." Josh argues.

"Josh..." Addison says sadly. "You were her best friend. It's been six months, things have changed for her."

"Don't you dare." Josh whispers venomously and takes a step forwards. "I have been there for her for six years through everything. Six months doesn't just throw that away. And if you ever try to keep me away from Amelia again you're going to regret it." He sneers before slamming his fist on the top of Bryce's car and storming into the house.

After a moment Bryce finally speaks. "He didn't mean it Addison."

"I know." She whispers sadly.