6. Venenatis Convallis ~ {Magic Valley}

Marny was in that hazy place of consciousness between wakefulness and sleep. She inhaled deeply and the aroma of maple syrup and bacon drifted over lighter scents of berries. Her stomach growled and Greg's wolf growled in response. The growl was muffled as Greg had his face buried in Marny's hair.

Marny tried to lift the arm that held her tightly. Her mate was not interested in being awake just yet. Marny's body was telling her that Ruby would be waking up at any moment. Her breasts ached with their fullness. Marny heard movement from the cradle. Let me get up my love, Ruby is hungry. Marny mind linked Greg and he complied with another low growl. He turned and grabbed Marny's pillow to bury his face in.

Marny stood and immediately felt the breeze from outside the yurt. She looked around wondering how that could be as the flap was still closed. She felt the wind again and looked up, realizing there was a vent where air could move through freely. One step to the cradle and she looked down to see that Ruby was waiting for her with her bright blue eyes open.

"Are you hungry my darling pup?" Marny cooed while she lifted Ruby and laid her on the bed. She changed her while she spoke to her in soft tones and then sat back against the headboard to nurse her daughter. While Ruby ate, Marny took inventory of her state of being. She felt different than before. There was ambient energy that Marny didn't have experience with before. She burped Ruby before latching her onto the other side. Ruby was voracious this morning. Marny had never felt Ruby eat so vigorously before.

After Marny burped Ruby for the second time, she laid her back in the cradle and rocked it gently until Ruby was asleep once more. Marny looked at the bed and Greg sleeping in it. She was tempted to crawl back in but she noticed something hanging from the back of the ensuite door. She walked to the door and lifted a hanger from a hook there. On the hanger was a flowy gown with bell sleeves. The sleeves had lace inserts that allowed the fabric to be diaphanous in places. Marny giggled at the present and took the dress with her into the other room. She hung it on the other side of the door while she turned the spigot on the shower.

The shower pressure was amazing. Marny stood beneath the water spray while curling steam began to fog the glass doors. After a few minutes, Marny was startled as the door to the shower opened.

"It's just me, love." Greg spoke as he got into the shower and stood behind Marny. He was content to just stand there in the off spray for a long time before he teased Marny to move over and give him some water.

"I don't think we slept very long Marny, but even still, I feel amazing. Can you feel it? It's this place I think." Greg's voice was throaty and low, full of his care for his mate.

"I do feel it Greg. I was wondering about it myself. We can ask Delilah as soon as we get some breakfast. I am famished." Marny's belly rumbled in agreement, causing a soft laugh from her and a chuckle from Greg.

Greg took the soap and began to lather soap over Marny's body. She used the wall of the glass shower for balance while he moved her. Her eyes always closed when he'd clean her body. His touch was gentle but moving. After he was done washing her he took the shampoo and drizzled some into his hand. He worked it through her hair while she was lost in thought.

"You are quiet. Usually, you moan at this part." Greg spoke against Marny's ear before turning her around so the water could rinse the soap from her hair.

"Greg shhh. What if people are listening? We are in a tent. With a full bathroom." Marny began to laugh at the ridiculousness of what she said. It sounded implausible but here they were enjoying the water pressure and steamy temperature.

Greg used his hands to help rinse the soap off of Marny. His hands tenderly enticing. He smiled as he cupped one hand over her core, his eyes heavying darkened gaze to her's. "I know, I know, no business until the doctor says go." He grumbled behind a lusty smile. He was becoming aroused. Something about this place had him extra excited.