Chapter 53

┏ ━━┅━━━┅━━ ┓
Thursday, August 9th, 1923
┗ ━━┅━━━┅━━ ┛

With some of that time to cool himself off and gather his thoughts, Anthony found himself walking up to Rosie's front door. He was hesitant in knocking at first considering he was alone and hadn't called prior. It seemed quite rude to just drop in; not to mention she could have been out.
This could have been a fruitless idea, but he didn't know what else to do. She was the only one who really knew of Alastor's habits and knew how that man ticked. She also seemed to be so full of wise advice. What other choice did he have?
Anthony really did feel kind of stranded with this. Alastor seemed to think he was so far in the right that there was no possible way he could have been wrong.

If there was no answer, he would just come back later, but he didn't want to see Alastor until he knew exactly what he was supposed to do.
So, with a deep breath, Anthony fixed his shirt a bit and knocked upon the woman's door.

The knock on the door, fortunately, didn't startle Rosie from where she sat in the living room, reading a book. She wasn't expecting anyone over that late afternoon, Madeline had already called her that morning, and it was getting quite late for regular visitors. So naturally, Rosie could only assume that meant one thing.

Standing from her seat, placing her book down, and smoothing out her skirt, Rosie steadily walked to the front door and opened it.
Anthony, but no Alastor?
"Ah, Anthony. Quite the welcomed surprise. Do come in."
The woman offered, stepping back to let the Italian in.

That wasn't quite the reaction Anthony was expecting but didn't complain, stepping into the home with a bit of a sheepish smile.

"Sorry for droppin' in on ya, Rosie, alone too. Probably ain't the most appropriate thing for someone like me t' do."
He said, something clearly reading as almost nervous in his words. He definitely didn't want to waste the woman's time.

Rosie smiled smugly, practically being able to see the nerves dripping off of the poor boy as she quietly closed the door behind him.
"Oh no, don't be silly, Anthony. Although I am curious as to why he's not here."

Before the blonde went any further into the house, he paused.
"Ah... y' want me t' take my shoes off first?"
His mind was a bit scattered at the moment so he couldn't remember if that was something Rosie expected as well.

Looking down at the man's shoes as he spoke, Rosie shook her head.
"It's quite alright."
Leading Anthony into the lounge, she took her seat again, motioning for Anthony to sit as well.
"Now, what brings you here?"

Anthony nodded and followed the woman, sitting when he was told to. It was still mildly uncomfortable to sit but he certainly wasn't going to object.
"Well, it's actually gotta do with him."
Assuming they were referring to the same 'him'.
"I just... dunno where t' start, exactly."
He added, rubbing his neck a bit as his gaze met the floor.

Rosie nodded once, leaning back in her armchair and waiting for Anthony to continue. So, Alastor had perhaps had a fall out with Anthony? That was certainly interesting.
"Go from the beginning if you must. We have plenty of time."

Anthony took a breath and nodded.
"Alright, well, we went t' the circus on Tuesday and met the performers. Everythin' was fine except for one particular performer that Al didn't seem too fond of. We actually went back home and talked about it."
He began, his hands more or less fidgeting in his lap.
"We were at the carnival t'day, just enjoyin' a couple of games as one does while there, I assume, when Ciro came and brought us back t' watch 'em all practice. Al still held his stance on Ciro even after our little... discussion both on Tuesday and another this mornin'."
Of course, he decided to leave the intimate details out.