Chapter 31

┏ ━━┅━━━┅━━ ┓
Tuesday, March 29th, 1921
New York City
┗ ━━┅━━━┅━━ ┛

It had been two weeks since Molly and Anthony's little shopping trip to the city center. In the fourteen days that had passed, Molly's life at least had been... really eventful.
Just as was scheduled, Friday two weeks ago, Molly herself had made it back into the dress shop to pick up her order.
On that day, Molly was properly introduced to Nancy Fischer- the seamstress from the store. Not only did she give Molly her ordered clothing, but she gave her name, and to Molly? That meant everything.

Over the two weeks, it would have been an understatement to say that she had snuck out once, or even twice. It had happened more times than she would have liked to admit, and every time she found herself back at the dress store, standing against the counter of the shop making light conversation with Nancy while she worked.
It was nice to have a friend, and once again, Molly would have been lying if she said she didn't like the company.

However, it was two days ago that things changed a little. Molly had snuck in through the back door of the Ragnatela household with an exceedingly wide smile of joy on her face and singular slip of paper firmly in her grip. On the paper, it said not only Nancy's name but her address and date for three days' time. It was a sort of informal invitation over to the seamstress's home, something that the woman had said would just be a small get together for the two of them.

Two days from then and Molly was in the designated 'art' room worrying about how she was going to ask Anthony to get her over to Nancy's house. Anthony had been watching over Molly all day per their father's request since he and Giovanni had been out on a job since early that morning, and for the majority of the day, the two of them had been up in the art room, Anthony working on the painting, occasionally using his sister for reference when needed.

Of course, with this being the case, Anthony was feeling like the month and a half after his initiation, nothing had really changed from before. He was still doing everything exactly as he was beforehand, so he was beginning to question whether signing his life away was really even worth it.

In those two weeks, however, he had made some good progress with the painting. He kept everything in a room that wasn't in use, Molly claiming that she wanted to try just so it gave the excuse to have the supplies in the first place.
He made sure to only paint when he knew the two other men of the house were out working or at the very least he made sure his sister was with him so that if they happened to come in, Anthony would hand the paints off to her and she would act as if she were the one doing it. Of course, with her history of trying different hobbies for periods of time, they bought it.
Molly had been enjoying watching Anthony painting, in her eyes, he was endlessly talented at it.

Now, he could feel his twin's nervous energy. It could have been a twin thing, or maybe it was just obvious to everyone.

"So, ah, y' got somethin' y' wanna tell me? Y' seem different t'day."
Anthony finally spoke as he looked over at Molly before dipping his brush in the paint. It was so close to finished and he was really happy with how it was turning out despite this one being the third attempt. It was coming along and he was extremely proud of himself.

Sitting in a chair that was placed by the window, chin resting in her palm, Molly sighed to herself, blowing a piece of stray hair in front of her face away as she did so.
"What?"
She quietly mumbled, eyes glancing across to Anthony at the easel.
"Nothin'. I'm as I always am. Just tired."

Anthony sighed, glancing down at the photo reference for a moment and then at the canvas again.
"You're real quiet t'day. Didn't y' sleep well last night? Or is it somethin' else entirely?"
He questioned.