#17 - Secrets & Mysteries

Later that evening the 4 boys had a relatively quiet dinner.

Max had mostly been quiet and listless.

For once Tomo & Tul were also silent. They frequently glanced at each other as if holding their own private, soundless conversation.

A little before Max had woken up Tomo had a private conversation with Tul.

Tul had told him all that had happened that afternoon and Tomo had advised him to come clean to Max and to put a stop to all the cloak and dagger secrets.

Boom had chattered for a bit after coming back from the resort but then he too had fallen silent.

Nobody quite ready to start a conversation on what had happened that afternoon. Especially with Max still looking pale and unwell they didn't want to start something that would upset him.

Later they all retired to their respective rooms.

Max was sitting on the edge of the bed, when Tul got him a glass of water and the couple of tablets that Olive had prescribed.

Max took the tablets and handed over the glass to Tul. Just when Tul turned to go, Max asked, "Are you ever going to tell me what the hell is going on Tul?"

Tul paused, as usual wondering if this was the right time to come clean to Max. He took a step forward and placed the glass on the small table, his back to Max.

 He took a step forward and placed the glass on the small table, his back to Max

Max got up and wrapped his arms round Tul from behind. For a long moment they stood just like that. Then Max asked, his mouth close to Tul's ear, "Is it some money issue Tul? Is that why you have been dithering around about telling me?"

Tul stiffened at the question. But then turned around and Max immediately hugged him tight and leaned his head against his shoulder.

"Tul do you know how worried I was? How frightened I was when I saw that guy come at you with a knife?" Max said his voice sounding just a little shaky. He then lifted his head and looked Tul straight in the eyes. "Tul I don't know if I can solve all your problems but please atleast give me a chance to try."