Chapter 6: Start of Something New

Начните с самого начала

The Prince let out a hearty laugh making me stare at his innocent face longer than necessary. Once he stopped he looked his watch and said, "It's almost 8, the dinner must be getting served anytime. Let's go!! I don't want my special guest to be starving. What kind of message would it send to people that despite being in hospitality business I had my guest dying out of hunger. Cannot let that happen. Also, please call me Jai." With a broad smile he got up from his chair holding my hand and tugging me with him. This time my hands landed on him shoulder due to the strong pull. When I raised my eyes they met with the most beautiful pair of greyish black eyes I have ever seen.

Realising the position we were in we both took a step back. The Pri....Jay cleared his throat and scratched his neck looking down.

"Let's go get some food and I hope your hand is fine now." I nodded as we were going and I turned to look at my stuff lying on the table. "Nothing will happen to it, you can leave it here."
We started walking towards the door which Jay used to come to the terrace, it seemed to be opening in a large room.

"Umm.... Jai, I know it's none of my business but you mind if I ask whose room this is?" He stared at me for a second before responding "Why, I don't mind you asking me any questions and this is my room." I couldn't really see the room as we entred and left almost immediately and the dull lights making it more difficult.

"But then shouldn't the guests be given room away from the family? I mean this is a huge palace and everyone would be wanting their privacy so shouldn't guests be made to stay separately? You don't have to answ....." I was cut off from my rambling, "Well you see, as the palace is too huge we have stopped using certain part of it since there are not many people staying here. And so we have only a certain area of palace in use and having such big rooms is enough privacy. We do not need full floors to ourselves." He gave me a smile.

"Makes sense. I am sure to get lost in this palace. I wouldn't be able to even get back to my room. I might need a map I think. You know what you guys should have a Google map for your home too." Jai laughs at this but continues walking.

Within another minute or two we reached the dining room where all the family members were sitting in the same places as earlier today. Taking my seat, I started eating my food. Some conversations were going on the table but feeling of being left out didn't go even if Jai tried making me feel included in the conversations.

When everyone was done we started returning to our rooms and I was following Jai who was walking on front of me with his sister. I was looking around at the beautiful paintings and the antiques adorning the hallways and the walls of the palace. I was so mesmerised that I didn't realise that Dia has gone into her room and Jay was looking at me.

"Do you like paintings and all?" "Actually I love palaces and I like how every painting and every adornment has some signicance and a story to it. I just LOVEEEEE these things."

"If you want, I can give you a tour of the palace tomorrow if you are free." Jai said shrugging his shoulders as if it was nothing.

"Really, if you insist so much. That's so nice of you to say but I think Vijay Sir will not like me touring around instead of doing my work." I am so happy and obliged that he was ready to waste his time on me, to give me a tour of this huge palace but I am here to work and not for touring.

"You don't need to worry about it. It's now my job to give you a tour of this palace without hampering your work time or getting you scolded by uncle."

"Huuh....Sir never scolds me, okay. It's just I don't wanna do anything to disappoint him. For me my work comes first and...." " Hey hey I didn't mean to offend you in anyway I am sure you are amazing in your work. You don't need to clarify yourself. Chill!!" He caught me from my shoulder making me face him while saying this. He said this so slowly as if trying to engrave it in my mind.

Thankfully my room came. "Goodnight Jai and thank you. I know you wanna gimme a tour because you don't really have any work and spending time with me might help you become more productive and efficient." It felt good having someone tell me that I don't need to explain myself to them. I heard him laughing shaking his head a little before entering my room.

"Goodnight Miss Maira." This was the first time I heard him saying my name and I like it. Closing my room I went to the balcony to get my stuff back in only to see Jay closing his balcony door giving me a broad smile. "Ummm...Jai, you can call me Maira." I said this before he closed his door and then returned with my stuff to my room and laid down in my bed, soon falling into a deep slumber but not before thinking about this possible start of something new, maybe a new friendship.

" I said this before he closed his door and then returned with my stuff to my room and laid down in my bed, soon falling into a deep slumber but not before thinking about this possible start of something new, maybe a new friendship

____________

Please vote, comment and share :)
Thank you for all the support.

Happy Dhanteras everyone. Enjoy the festive season but please be safe and celebrate an environment friendly Diwali.