Chapter 3

An hour after getting home Liam woke up on the couch, not able to sleep. He saw Zayn sleeping on the armchair, his figure dimly illuminated by the early morning light. He didn't know what he could do in the huge house alone, so he just laid there for a while. But he only managed to stay like that for barely ten minutes. He stood up and roamed around. On the fireplace he found a pile of papers and pencils, which he happily took and went back to where Zayn was still in the same exact position. He sat down on the carpeted floor near the armchair and started doodling. Half an hour later he saw Harry in his shorts going out for a morning run. He figured it wasn't nighttime anymore and all of them were going to wake up soon. He kept drawing until he started feeling hungry. Nobody got up yet other than Harry and himself, so he went to the kitchen, looking around to see what he could have. He opened the fridge and got a few ingredients for a sandwich, when he heard the front door opening and closing. He decided to make two sandwiches, since Harry was probably hungry too and went to get the bread while humming to himself. He has only cut a piece when someone growled loudly from behind. 

     Liam turned around and wanted to see which wolf was glaring at him. It was neither black nor white. It was a brown wolf, the size of the Alpha with golden eyes. Figuring it was Harry, since he was the only one awake besides himself, Liam took a step closer to the wolf. But as soon as the animal sensed his movements, it jumped right onto the boy, and pushed him to the floor harshly. Liam screamed, as the animal bared its teeth and attacked him, his sharp claws already leaving marks on the boy. 

"ZAYN! ALPHA!" he shrieked, "HELP!" 

     He tried to push the strong creature and run away but the wolf caught him, luckily only grabbing his t-shirt and not flesh and threw him right back. He towered over Liam and growled evilly at him, getting ready to ruin his face, when Liam caught a glimpse of Harry running in and transforming into a wolf as quickly as he could. 

     The brown stranger was taken by surprise, when the grey wolf jumped onto him and threw him away from Liam. Meanwhile Zayn, who heard Liam's screams, ran to the kitchen, and after seeing the two wolves fighting, quickly took Liam upstairs. 

"I thought it was Harry." Liam heaved, shivering from aftershock. 

     Zayn sat him on the bed and started examining the damage. 

"It's Niall. He is from our pack. He was out on a trip." he said and took off the boy's ruined t-shirt. 

     There were scratches over his chest and arms but none of them were deep. There was also a little blood on his temple, as the wolf grabbed him by a bunch of his curls. Zayn gently touched the bruises and turned around when he heard someone entering. It was Louis. He tensed when he saw Liam and walked closer. 

"He'll take care of it." Zayn informed Liam and let Louis lick over the scratches. 

     Liam flinched at first but felt how his skin was getting momentarily better. He let Louis continue and looked up at Zayn. 

"Some of us have a healing power." the alpha explained. 

     When Louis finished Liam was left with marks that would disappear in a few days. He petted the wolf's head, glad that not all of the wolves were aggressive like the brown one. Louis rested his head on Liam's lap and closed his eyes. They stayed there for a few minutes, hearing voices coming from the kitchen. Apparently, Harry wasn't the kindest one either, he was mad. Zayn sat down beside Liam and waited for his friends to finish fighting. He could feel Liam still slightly trembling but Louis was doing a great job comforting him anyway, so he let them be. 

     It was over fifteen minutes later when the two calmed down. The alpha nudged Liam and Louis. 

"Come on. I'll make you something to eat." he said and led them downstairs. 

     Liam kept himself close to Zayn and had one hand tangled in Louis' fur. If it wasn't for the two of them, he wouldn't have made it to the kitchen, knowing that the wolf that was about to rip his face off less than an hour ago was there. But when they got in he only saw a strange man with Harry. He had similar brown hair but looked much nicer than Liam expected. Harry was still fuming even though he was already in his human form. If Liam didn't know him better, he'd think Harry was the alpha of the pack. Zayn, who was pretty angry himself, still kept calm and led Liam to the table. He sent Niall a disappointed look before finishing making the sandwiches Liam started. Niall turned to Liam, his blue eyes full with regret, but Liam slumped back in the chair. If Louis hasn't been sitting by his feet like his personal protector, Liam would probably be clinging to Zayn for dear life. 

"Hey, kid, I'm so sorry. These idiots never told me we had a guest and I thought you were an intruder or something. I wasn't expecting to find someone new in the house," the man said. 

     Liam only looked at him, still afraid to say anything no matter how kind the man actually looked. And we couldn't say anything if he wanted to, because as soon as Niall finished, Harry sat down beside Liam and glared at the man.

"You can't just transform into a wolf and attack someone who has nothing to defend themselves. And not to mention he is only a teen, not a fucking hunter that could actually harm you. Just use your mouth next time when you're confused about someone instead of nearly killing them," he muttered and traced his fingers over Louis' fur too, his hand touching Liam's while doing so. 

     Somehow, Louis comforted both the frightened boy and the angry wolverine. By that time Zayn brought the finished sandwiches and sat down with Niall on the other side, giving him the silent treatment. 

     Nobody, not even Niall, touched the food, still too tense and awkward for them to have breakfast until Gigi and Bella joined them. When they heard what happened and saw the marks on Liam's chest and the damaged hair, they had their fair share of lecturing Niall. But soon they were telling Liam how friendly and sweet Niall actually was. The man himself started telling stories from his trip, making the rest laugh. Harry was not able to fight his cheeky smile anymore, since it was still his best mate. And by the end of breakfast, Liam was almost as comfortable with the new man as he was with Zayn. Of course, Niall did apologize again during the day, feeling horrible for harming the boy, but they quickly got over it like nothing happened. And if anything, the accident made Liam feel safer, as he was sure that in case of real danger he had six mighty wolves on his side. 

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.