Chapter 8

The group grabbed only two backpacks with the most essential items. Before leaving Harry smashed the drone camera into pieces and made sure, they didn't leave any clues about their destination. It was really early in the morning, when they got ready to go. They were in the backyard, checking if everything was done, when Liam saw a stranger approaching Harry from behind. He tagged on Gigi's sleeve to get her attention.

"Hey, what is it?"

"There's a guy behind Harry." he whispered in concern, his eyes glued on the man, who was walking slowly.

Gigi looked over and just smiled, while Bella and Zayn fully laughed. Liam frowned at them, not getting why they're laughing and not saving Harry.

"Li, that's Louis." Zayn told him.

Liam turned to him in shock and then stared at Louis, who, he now realized, he's never seen as a human.

"Lou, come here," Zayn called.

     Louis, who looked like he was just getting into a conversation with Harry and Niall, glanced at them and walked closer. He nodded to the alpha and looked down at Liam.

"Hey, Boo!" he said sweetly, his voice far softer than Liam expected.

     The boy stared at him and answered quietly.

"Hi."

     Louis chuckled and nudged him.

"Why are you so shy? We were basically inseparable since you got here."

     Liam smiled, as it was very true, but it was still weird for him to see Louis like this. Before he could answer, Zayn stood in front of the group and took a breath.

"Ok, ready?"

     The rest of the wolves nodded and got ready to transform. But Liam stopped them.

"Wait, what about me?"

"You'll walk with Louis," Harry told him.

     And he seemed to be right as Louis was the only one who just stood there.

"Aren't you turning?" Liam asked him.

"No. We figured one of us would stay this way, so you won't be walking alone and since I'm the only one who wasn't seen in their human form, this is the safest option. Also, we got a lot of catching up to do." Louis explained, while adjusting his backpack.

     Liam was relieved, to say the least. He watched the others transform and grabbed Louis' offered hand. It was only ten minutes later when Louis decided to interfere their silent journey.

"So, Liam, how do you like living with werewolves this far?"

"It's really cool. At first, it was hard but I really like it now. The only thing I miss is my family and Zayn said I'd meet them one day," Liam answered quickly.

     Louis nodded, recalling what their alpha told them.

"Of course you will. What did you think? That we'd just rip you away from them?"

"I don't know. I wasn't really sure what to think back then," Liam shrugged, "But after I met all of you I guess I stopped thinking about that. It's been fun living with you, especially when you are in your wolf forms. I wanted to get a dog since I can remember. And playing with you in the backyard kinda reminds me of that, even though overall it's not the same thing at all."

     Louis tried not to laugh at his explanation. It felt like he was trying hard not to offend them in any way but being compared to dogs wasn't offensive to the werewolves at all.