Chapter Thirty-six

Start from the beginning

"I-I am s-sorry." She was feeling scared of her own brother. His glare was colder than the blizzard. She shakily kept the files on the table.

"Leave and do not ever come here without a valid reason. This is not your playground. It is the royal palace of the queen."

"Y-Yes." With a bow, Catarina left the room and walked away while holding her tears.

Poor me...

Again, she went through scenery change and reached a night she remembered well.

How can I forget this night....? Catarina's eyes softened when she looked at her injured younger version crying in the dark room. The younger girl had a bandaged head, hand and a leg with some scratches on her body.

Catarina looked at her past self crying her heart out silently. Tears were streaming down her face and her good hand covered her mouth to silence the sobs coming out from her.

This is night I realized the harsh truth.

"Why...?!" The young girl whispered to her. "...Why do you hate me,Onii-sama...? . . . .I do-don't understand wh-what I did wrong!" She kept sobbing silently.

Catarina approached her past self. At the sound of her footsteps, the younger female looked up.

"Who are you...?"

The present Catarina smiled softly and sat in front of her. "I'm Catarina, your future self."

"My...future self?"

"I look like you, right? That is because I am the twenty year old Catarina, ten years older than you."

"Twenty year old me. . ." The girl looked at her properly. "You really do look like me!"

"I know right." Gently, the present Catarina wiped her tears. "Hey, don't cry like that."

"B-but. . . ." The ten year old Catarina began to cry again. "O-Onii-sama,he-"

"I know." She whispered before carefully hugging the dream her.

In between her sobs, younger Catarina asked, "Why does he....hate me?"

"Unfortunately even after ten years, I still don't know." The injured girl cried even harder at the lack of answer.

"I know you feel alone and abandoned now," The blonde woman spoke, "and it hurts. But remember you are not alone."

"No. . . .I-I have been alone all my life!"

"Listen to me, that was in the past... You have music by your side and after some years, you will finally have a family." Catarina smiled at the remembrance.

". . . A family?"

"Yes. You will meet wonderful friends who will end up as your family. You will meet many other friends who will care for you dearly.Not to mention, you will be surrounded by music."

"I will....have friends?"

"Yes. They are wonderful friends who will help you get over your past. They will become your brothers." By this time, the girl stopped crying.

"My brothers? Will I really have friends and brothers?"

"Mhmm. And you will fall in love with one of them. He will  treasure you more than anyone and make you feel loved. Everyday will be happy with him."

"I will fall in love? That's impossible."

"Believe me, it's possible. You will deeply fall in love. Even if I used to tell myself I won't ever fall in love, I fell for him before I knew it." Catarina chuckled. I don't know why I am saying all this to my younger dream self... But it feels nice to comfort myself like this.