Chapter Thirty-six

A young woman with platinum blonde hair and icy blue eyes stood alone in the darkness.

What am I doing here?

She looked around but found nothing. Frowning, she started to run wherever her legs took her to.

Where is everyone? Where am I?

She stopped running when she saw two figures and the scenery surrounding her changed. One of them was the younger version of her. And the other was,

...Onii-sama...

Catarina stared at the younger version of her and her brother.

"Onii-sama, you should rest. You haven't returned to the mansion in two days!" The younger Catarina requested the young Camus.

"I said I am fine. I need to return to my duties."

"But you haven't rested a bit! Please take short break!"

"That is not necessary." Camus was going to leave but Catarina grabbed his arm.

"Onii-sama, plea-" Camus forcefully retracted his arm.

"Do not bother me! I am not under any obligations to listen to someone like you. Now be gone from my sight and do not bother me again!" The male stormed off.

"O...O-Onii-sama..." Catarina dejectedly left the place before rushing to her room.

...This is the memory of when he first snapped at me.

Suddenly, the scenery changed again and this time Catarina found herself in another place that she recognized.

. . . . . Am I going down my memory lane?Though I can tell this is a dream. She thought to herself when she saw the younger Catarina again.

This time the young girl was walking excitedly. "Onii-sama!" She exclaimed when she noticed the young platinum blonde. But the boy did not look at her.

Thinking that he didn't hear his sister, she called again, "Onii-sama." Catarina smiled when she saw him walking at her direction, although looking at the papers in hand and not at her.

"Welcome home, Onii-sama." Catarina's smile fell when Camus walked past her without a single reply or glance.

Ah...the first rejection. The elder female looked at the shocked and sad version of her.

Once again, the scenery changed and she saw her younger self running down the royal palace halls. Why the heck am I even going through my own memory?

Catarina's eyes widened when she realized she remembered this memory.  I remember this...

Meanwhile, the younger female reached a certain room and entered there after knocking.

"Onii-sama," She said while panting lightly. She knew she shouldn't have ran here but she couldn't stop herself when she thought her brother might be in need of these files.

"You..." Camus looked up from his papers. "What are you doing here?"

"I...I brought your files." She showed him the files in hand and walked towards his table.

"I can see that but why are you here in the royal palace?" Camus glared at her. She flinched.

"I-I..."

"I remember telling someone to bring it. But I do not remember asking you to do it. Are you that desperate to ruin the family name by doing the works of peasants?"