Chapter Ten

A beautiful melody rang across the large music room.Only two people were present there. The tiny five year old girl played the piano and the elder boy stood next to her.Her small fingers stopped playing the keys as the song comes to an end.

"Marvelous, Catarina!It was beautiful."

"Thank you, Onii-chama."

"If you keep improving at this pace, I won't be surprised of you were to become a musician within a few years."

"Really?" The little girl's eyes twinkle with joy.

"Indeed. I'm proud of you, Catarina." Camus lifted his little sister from the high piano stool and placed her on the floor.

"Onii-chama, I want to be a music writer!"

"Music writer? As in writing songs?" The girl vigorously nodded.

"That would be called being a composer."

"A...composer? Then I'll be Onii-chama's composer!"

"My composer?" His ice blue eyes showed confusion.

"Yes. I love Onii-chama's singing! It's really beautiful and warm. So, I want Onii-chama to sing my song to make everyone feel warm!" Catarina showed a warm smile that could even melt the snows outside.

"My singing is...beautiful?" In answer, little Catarina hummed cutely,"I love it!"

Camus smiled brightly at her,"Very well,then. I will help you be a composer. Then I will sing your songs. It's a promise." Little Catarina jumped into her brother's arms.

* * * * * * *

The eighteen year old Catarina was sitting on the floor of her room. The accessories that she was forced to wear was thrown to the other side of the room. Her long hair covered her face. Closing her eyes, she took a shaky breaths.

The door was opened and her brother, Camus entered. "Catarina."
She didn't reply with her back turned to him.

"Catarina. Do not act so pathetically. You are to marry his lordship no matter what. This is the queen's order," Camus told sternly.

"...Why?...Why did she...order me.... when she never even bothered about my existence?"

"I do not know the answer to that. However, refrain from questioning her orders. Our duty is to only follow her command." He was about to leave the room when her hands grab a hold of a small portion of his coat to stop him.

"Onii-sama....please..help me... If you request her highness,then she will consider cancelling this marriage." Her voice came out in a whisper. "....Please..."

That piece of clothing slipped from her hold as he left the room without an answer, without a single glance. Without a single care for his sister, he exited from the female's heart. And left her to her own despair.

Catarina's eyelids flew open .Her icy blue orbs scanned the room lit by the sunlight peeking in from the gap between the curtains. A dream...

She sat up on her bed and rubbed her eyes to get a better view of her surroundings. Why did I have to dream about the past now? Oh,yes, must've been because of yesterday's meeting.

She looked at the clock to find it's only 7. Despite being sleepy, she decided to get up. Better being sleepy than having more flashbacks. Mah, I'll sleep after completing the duet.

. . . . . . .

How should I do this? A cheerful song or a magnificent one? The blonde recalled the previous day's meeting.