Chapter Eight

"Sorry for running late,Cecil," Catarina enters the meeting room.

"It's fine...huh?" Cecil looks behind her.Confused at his action, she too looks behind her.

Ara.Where's Shion , again? He was right behind me.

Both of them poke their heads out of the door where they find Shion staring at the door.

There he is.

"Shion!"Cecil grabs his hands excitedly. "I've been waiting for you, my singing partner. I am Aijima Cecil. It's nice to meet you."

Shion tries to look away ,but when he meets Catarina's gaze ,which says 'introduce yourself',the pale blonde boy couldn't but introduce himself, "Amakusa Shion." He retracts his hands from the prince's grasp and moves to sit inside.

Catarina is a punctual girl.But the reason she was late to the meeting was Shion. The boy didn't want to attend the meeting and the girl kept convincing him. Finally having no other choice, she promised him warm hugs if he came along; to which he agreed.

However, as they were currently sitting in the meeting room, Shion took out his phone ,paying the other two no mind.

"Eto..."Catarina could feel the awkward silence.

"Let's discuss the song,"Cecil proposed.

"Yes,let's. Cecil,Shion, do you have any ideas?" The former nodded while the latter was silent.

"Shion?" Catarina called out.

"This is a great opportunity .I'd like to sing our world.Yours and mine," Cecil told Shion.

"Your world?"The female repeated.

"But we've only just met. Let's work on finding it."

It's great to see Cecil so enthusiastic about the song.

"Unable to see the end of the road, we're forced to wonder in the darkness,"Shion speak.

"Those are wonderful lyrics."

No.Actually those aren't lyrics,Cecil.

"The overwhelming, cheerful energy disrupts the Amakusa grass."

"I'm sure lots of people would want to listen to that song."

"My words aren't even getting through."

"You're right.It may not be necessary to express ourselves with words. Let's use other methods to find our song, " Cecil smiles.

Why am only I feeling awkward ?

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

"Shion,you were being rude there." Catarina scolded Shion as she stood in front of him. They were already home and Shion was sitting in the couch.

"But, Amakusa only spoke the truth." Shion's innocent gaze melted her heart.

How can I remain angry at you when you give me that look? She sighs exasperated.

"If I remember correctly, weren't you excited to sing my song?"

"That....I forgot it was a duet."

That explains- No wait,it doesn't!

"You do know that you HAVE to partake in this project,right?"

Shion sighed before nodding. He then reached out his hands towards her with an expectant look.

"...Well,you did attend the meeting." Catarina sat beside him and hugged him tightly.

"Look! Shion got away again!" Nagi's voice echoes. The hugging pair looks at the direction of the source to find Van, Nagi and Kira there