Chapter 20 (You Sound Like A Pedo)

He stiffened again when I trailed my hand softly against a scar below his shoulder.

"Does anybody know about this?" I asked curiously.

"Nobody knows..." he mumbled.

"Not even Matt or Tyler?"

He shook his head and exhaled through his nose. "Only Dalton but he thinks the last one was two years ago, when he was thirteen."

"Thinks? You mean some of these are recent?" I asked, trailing my hand against another one. My eye caught a long one on his lower back, it seems to look like the most brutal one among all of the scars, it was a reddish-brown color.

He stayed quiet, I guess I got my answer. "Who would do this to you?" I asked as I looked at his big lower back scar worriedly.

He shook his head and placed a new shirt over his head. "No one," he gave me a water jug, "I think Hailey was looking for this, her voice is pretty loud."

I slowly took the water jug and glanced at his now covered back one last time before I went out of the tent. I wonder if Hailey saw the scars last night. How come I didn't see his scars before? I guess I wasn't paying much attention since I was too embarrassed to look at him shirtless.

I handed Hailey her water jug. "Here, hey did you see anything weird last night?" I simply asked.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "No, why did you?"

"I guess I just saw a small animal crawl onto the dock and jump into the lake, I don't know, just thought it was weird." I quickly covered up.

She nodded and gave me a weird look. "Okay...I guess it is pretty weird."

I nodded and went to continue helping with the fishes by holding one on top of the fire. Dylan came out of our tent and we made eye contact before he went to talk to Tyler who was lying on the grass.

Someone placed their hand on my shoulder, I turned to look at Matt beside me. "You okay? You look a bit bothered."

I almost asked him if he knew about Dylan's scars but remembered what Dylan said. "I'm fine, just tired from making the fire."

He looked like he was about to say something else but just nodded and continued to cook the fish in his hand. I looked towards Dalton who was still setting up his and Axel's tent.

Who could be abusing Dylan that Dalton doesn't know of?

~.~.~.~.~

"You suck."

I glared at Dalton as I concentrated on the swimming fishes. I raised the stick above one and tried to pierce it but it slipped through. "Sorry, it's not like I go spear fishing everyday."

"Exactly why I'm teaching you now." He said, getting up to grab a stick.

It's somewhere by four in the afternoon and Dalton decided to teach me to spear fish by a shallow river near our campsite. I'll admit, I don't like the wild much because of all of it's creepy crawlies, but it can be fun too at times.

Dalton stepped into the shallow river, the water only reaches our ankles so it's perfectly safe, he bent down and dipped his water jug into the cold water of the river. "Is the water clean?" I asked. "Won't dirty water give you a stomachache?"

"That's why I'm gonna boil it to remove the dirt." He said, closing the jug and placing it inside his bag, he shrugged it in. "Come on, they'll probably think some bear has eaten us."

"We've only been gone for an hour."

"That's exactly what Dylan said four years ago when he nearly got attacked by a bear. He just went to get some firewood and a bear was behind him, luckily Tyler was with him that time so he pulled Dylan and they ran from it before it attacked."