Chapter 29 (Emotional Overload)

"Why? What about Austin?" I asked, now standing straight due to the current situation at hand.

"He's in jail, he-he got into a fight and...and-" I could tell she was trying her best to stay calm but failing at it.

I cut her off. "Tell me where and I'll meet you there." I said whilst grabbing my jacket from the coatrack beside the door. I can't believe I'm doing this...

~.~.~.~.~.~

"I'm here to see a friend of mine." I told the officer once I sat down on the desk.

"Name," he asked.

"Austin Wright." Natasha chimed in beside me. I still find it hard to believe we're breathing the same air without killing each other.

Thirty minutes ago

I walked towards the entrance and saw Natasha frantically waiting there. I sighed and shook my head in disbelief that I'm actually going to help her. "What happened?" I asked in a bored tone.

Natasha sighed in relief when she heard my voice. "Thank god you're here-"

"Cut the hysterics and tell me what happened, I didn't walk all the way here in the cold night to hear you ramble." I said rudely whilst crossing my arms across my chest. I hate being around her after what happened at Matt's christmas party.

She let out an annoyed snort but regain her once frantic composure. "Austin and I attended a party, then this guy came towards me and started flirting. He was drunk and I had no interest in him. Austin saw what was happening then he picked a fight. Their fight reached the street and the police caught them." She quickly summarized.

I uncrossed my arms and gave her a confused look, I gestured myself. "Where do I come in?"

She crossed her arms across her chest and shrugged. "Obviously not about money, I could pay for him to bail out-"

"Still, where do I come in? You could just easily bail him out."

"He won't talk to me, he wants to talk to you." She said with an annoyed expeession on her face.

I gestured myself. "Me? Why me?" I pointed her. "You're his girlfriend."

She shrugged again. "You ask him, he doesn't want to talk to me right now, he'll only come out if he could talk to you."

Present time

Austin looked the same from the last time I saw him, his clothes are rumpled and his hair is messy. Few streaks of blood was on his knuckles and a stain of blood on his shirt. Other than that, he looked fine.

The officer told him to sit down across from me and Nat. "You said you wanted to talk to me?" I said unsurely.

He nodded and he turned to Nat. "Could I talk to her alone?" He gently asked.

Nat pressed her mouth into a thin line but nodded and got up, the officer standing by the door let her out. Austin turned back to me. "How are you...doing?" He asked slowly.

I gave him a weird look with his peculiar question. "Um...good? I guess?"

"Steph, I know you heard that Nat and I are still dating but..." he slowlgrabbed my hand which was in the middle of the table. "I think I still have feelings for you." He gave me a small smile.

I didn't know what to feel right now, what am I supposed to feel right now? Happy? Excited? Sad for Nat? Proud? I should be feeling those right now, I mean how often does your ex comes back to tell you that he still likes you? Not in any lifetime.