Chapter 35 (Lost in Reality)

Ignore the mistakes :)

=*=*=*=*=

Dylan Reed

My father didn't have a tux that was passed down to me so we still had to go buy one which, in my opinion, is a huge waste of money if I'm just going to use it once.

"What about if there's a wedding?" Matt had suggested.

"Which is still in ten to twenty years, by that time I probably already need to buy a new tux." I had said.

For me, this is just a waste of time since prom is still two weeks away but they insisted that I should buy one already so I'll have more time to prepare instead of buying last minute. I swear these guys have hung out with the girls too much, I don't get why girls get so excited over shopping.

It took an hour to find my tux which didn't take as long as I thought it would. We took a seat in the food court, Tyler went to order our food as Matt and I waited. "Who are you taking to the prom?" I asked him out of cuiorsity.

He leaned back on his chair. "Elena, how about you?"

"I wasn't even planning on going, so do you think I already have a date, dipshit?" I said, still annoyed that I'm actually going.

He seemed unfazed by my insult and just nodded. "Then take Hailey with you." He suggested.

"Can't Tyler be her date?" I asked.

"Tyler is taking Steph, Axel is taking this girl he met in history class, so we assumed you and Hailey are going together."

I rubbed my temples in frustration. Don't get me wrong, I would take Hailey to prom as a friend, it's just that if Steph sees me and Hailey go to prom together after she found out about our plan, she might think I'm still trying to make her jealous and get even more pissed. "My pass two months hasn't exactly been my cup of tea, if Steph sees me with Hailey, she wouldn't want to talk to me." I told him.

Matt rolled his eyes. "Hailey already agreed going as long as you and Steph will be happy by the end of the night. She doesn't like seeing the two of you torturing each other by staying away."

He started getting serious. "Listen," he sighed. "I know you and Steph had a terrible history when it came to relationships-her with Austin and you with Angel-and both of you forget about the past when you're together, we can all see it, so we'll do anything to bring you two back together again. Take it from me," he gestured himself. "I've hung out with both of you, Steph acts like she's fine whenever we mention your name when I see the way her eyes turn sad at the mere mention of your name. While you act like you don't give a shit when in reality you probably ache for her as much as she aches for you, I still don't get what's keeping you two away from each other when it's so obvious you need each other."

I kept my head down. What is keeping us away? If what their saying is true, then I still don't see why we're staying away. "It's just...I lied to her, she won't forgive me."

"Don't be such a pussy, so you're just going to sit here and wait until she chases after you?" He let out a snort. "And I thought you were the guy in this relationship."

I sighed when Tyler came back with our food. "So what did I miss?" He asked, taking a seat beside me.

Matt shrugged and grabbed his fries. "Just Dylan being a pussy when it comes to relationships."

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but Matt's right, am I just going to wait until Steph comes and say 'hey, I forgive you'? Give me a break, that will take centuries before she could actually say that phrase. As always, I have to make the first move before I lose my man cards.