Chapter 9 (I'm Sooo Dead)

My phone rang which woke me up, making me grumpy as I picked it up.

"What!" I answered without looking at the caller ID. Hailey stirred at the other bed.

I heard a sneeze on the other end. "Good morning to you too." El sounded like she had a runny nose.

Concern kicked in my nerves. "El are you okay?"

"I just got a cold Steph, nothing big." I heard her sniff. "I just called to tell you I won't be able to go to Dylan's house for the project."

"Yeah, I'll tell him, just stay in bed and get well. Do you have anything in your house that I need to bring to Dylan's?"

"Nah, I gave everything to him already when we went to his house on Thursday." She sneezed again.

"Gee, your cold sounds really bad."

She sniffed again. "Yeah I know, my head hurts like a bitch, it's like I just came from a party and had a really terrible hang over." She chuckled softly.

"Want me to go over to your house and bring some chicken soup?" I offered.

"My house is too far for you to walk."

"I can tell Dylan to drive me to your house. He is gonna pick me up later for the project after lunch."

"Okay, I tried to turn down your chicken soup but we both know I just love your cooking." I could hear the grin in her voice.

I chuckled. "See you after lunch." I hung up.

After doing my morning routine, I head downstairs and greeted mom and dad. Seeing them, I mentally face palmed, I totally forgot that I was grounded for that cutting thing. If they saw Dylan the other day, then there's no chance of me going to his house for the project.

"Honey, I know it's Saturday, but can you wake Hailey? You know she can sleep through the entire day." Mom said placing a coffee mug in front of Dad.

Don't I know it, Hailey could hibernate whenever she wants because I tell you, she is one deep sleeper. One time when we were kids, Hailey came over to sleep in our house because her parents were away and in the morning, I found her on the floor of my room.

I ran upstairs and went in the room. I was about to hit Hailey with one of my pillows until her phone alarmed, huh, Hailey puts an alarm on her phone even though she knows that there's no way she'll ever wake up.

I went over to her bedside table to stop the alarm until I saw that it was a reminder. Looks like she also needs to go to a friend's house for her history project.

I shut off the alarm and hit her with my pillow as hard as I can.

She jumped in surprise, same time punching me in the gut, making me give out a slight. "Oof!"

Really Hailey? Like, really?

"Take that you—Steph! Omigosh!" Hailey got of her bed and went beside me as I clutched my stomach. "I'm so sorry Steph, I had no idea it was you! I thought it was some creeper."

"Yeah, I competely understand, a creeper would definitely hit you with a pillow." I gasped and sat on her bed as I rubbed my stomach. "Where did you learn to hit like that?"

"Dad enrolled me in self-defense classes in case something happens. I'm so sorry." She repeated.

I shook my head. "Nah, it's fine, it wasn't that hard. If it was, I'd probably be running to the bathroom by now." I gave her a weak smile. The pain was still there, but less. "C'mon, Mom told me to call you."