Chapter 31 (A Day in the Life of a Rebel)

Hailey happily skipped down the stairs towards us with a bright smile on her face that looks like it could crack her face in half. "Hi guys," she chirped.

Mom turned to me. "Alright, what did you give Hailey?"

I gave her a 'what the hell' look. "Why do you always think I gave her something?"

Mom placed a plate with toast in front of me and Hailey and shrugged. "Since you're always with her, I thought you'd always know." She said dismissively.

Well, last night I don't know where she snuck off to, I thought as I glanced at a giddy Hailey. After the talent show yesterday, Hailey and I came back home then I was woken up in the middle of the night because Hailey was sneaking in through the window, she didn't know I've woken up by her noise and just quickly hopped into bed.

"Sometimes, you can't always keep an eye on them." I said looking back down at my pancakes.

Hailey finished her pancakes in under five minutes much to Mom and Dad's surprise. She quickly grabbed her backpack and turned to us. "I'm gonna go on ahead," then she turned to me. "See you at history class." Then went out the door.

I gave the door a confused look. "Well someone's on a hurry." I remarked before going back to my food.

"Steph, I found this brochure in your room for a school play, is Hailey joining?" Mom asked, showing me a piece of colored paper.

I looked at the paper and shook my head with a frown on my lips. "No, Hailey said she gave up acting back in her old school. I don't think she wants to join this year's play, plus, she doesn't like joining shakesperean plays. It's always old english." I said, finishing my breakfast.

~.~.~.~.~.~

I walked into history class and I wish I came a bit later. Dylan was whispering something in Hailey's ear which made her laugh. I rolled my eyes and decided to keep my cool, I guess Dylan isn't wasting anytime on making the moves on Hailey.

Dylan was the first to spot me since Hailey was still laughing over whatever Dylan said. "Hey Steph," he greeted.

I decided to lighten my already dark mood. "Did you my cousin finally lost it or did you do something to her?"

He glanced at Hailey who was already sobering up then he shrugged at me. "She already lost it a long time ago, just now you're realizing that your cousin could be a psychopath?" He joked.

"Sup guys," El chirped beside me then turned to me and Dylan. "By the way, Ms. Stacy was looking for you guys."

I raised a confused eyebrow. "Did you ask her why?"

She shrugged. "She didn't want to say, she said it's private for only the two of you."

Dylan and I shared a look then we both got up and headed towards the chem room where Ms. Stacy might be.

~.~.~.~.~.~

"Retake the test," she ordered.

I gave her a surprised look. "Wh-What? Ms. Stacy what are you-"

"The test last Thursday, you thought you two could sneak around behind my back and copy each other's paper?!" She snapped.

At that point, my feet turned cold and I think all the color just drained from my face. She...saw us? "I don't..." I trailed off in attempt to lie.

She gave me a furious look. "Don't you dare lie to me Ms. Coleman, we reviewed the cameras and saw the two of you cheating during the test. Your parents will be informed about this and the principal decided to give you a choice; whether you retake the test and get detention or get a total zero on that test and I will be moving you to a different schedule."