Chapter 24 (Crazy Holidays)

"Wakey wakey!! It's Christmas! Get up fatass!"

The bed rocked up and down, taking me with it, I heard a snap on my neck and groaned. "Alright, alright! Get off my bed!" I grumbled, moving my legs around and it collided with another pair of skinny legs, causing a thump and oof sound.

I sat up and glared at Hailey who rubbed her head as she sat on the floor, she stuck out her tongue. "You're mean."

I rolled my head and pushed the covers off me. "You nearly broke my neck jumping on my bed." I rubbed the back of my neck as I slipped on my slippers. "So I have the right to get even." I grinned.

She rolled her eyes and got up, her joyful mood returned in a split second. "Come on! Your parents are preparing Christmas dinner, let's go!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs. I didn't even get the chance to change yet!

Some things were still tense between me and my parents. The minute I got home, they greeted me with smiles, hugs and kisses as if the argument in the hospital room never happened, they never brought up Dylan or whatever happened and neither did I. It didn't take long for the aching in my head to stop, so I was dismissed earlier than expected. I would still talk to my parents but the conversations were a bit shorter than usual. Sometimes their smile is strained but I would just ignore it and mind my own thing.

But what the heck, it's Christmas right now and whatever happened in the past stays in the past, it's just about me and my family on the holidays right now and I don't want anything to ruin it, not arguments, not Dylan and definitely not Austin or Natasha.

"Merry Christmas, sweetie. I made hot chocolate for you and Hailey since it's freezing outside." Mom smiled as she handed Hailey and I a mug of sweet hot chocolate.

Hailey and I thanked my mom and we sat down around the dining table, dad was reading the newspaper with a mug of coffee in front of him, I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Dad, it's Christmas and your still reading the newspaper?"

He looked up and smiled. "Well, I'm not here for the news this time, I'm just reading the comics at the back, now I feel 20 years younger."

Mom came back from the kitchen, balancing three plates of omelets on her arms. "Not really, John, you probably don't even get what your reading." She placed a plate in front of me.

"I am too!" He pouted and crossed his arms across his chest.

Just then, another set of footsteps came down was heard from the stairs and I knew who it was before they even showed up. "Christmas! I want my presents!" Scott yelled, running down the stairs. He slid down under the Christmas tree beside the living room and started rummaging through the various gifts left under it.

I heard someone laugh from the stairs. "Scott, eat first or else I won't let you open any of the toys."

Scott turned to his mom. "How do you know my presents are toys? Huh, mommy?" He stuck his tongue out but took a seat beside me anyway. Aunt Marie appeared, smiling, and took a seat beside dad. Mom came from the kitchen again and brought out another pair of plates filled with omelets. "Mommy, can I go to the park with Steph and Hailey?" Scott asked with a mouthful of omelet.

Aunt Marie smiled. "Of course, unless if John and Stella won't mind." Mom and dad looked at each other and I knew immediately what they were thinking. Should we let her go? I remembered I'm not allowed to leave the house ever since I arrived at the hospital, but they wouldn't turn down Aunt Marie and Scott's request right?

Mom flashed a smiled at Aunt Marie. "We wouldn't mind."

~.~.~.~.~

I blew out a white puffy breath as Hailey went to follow Scott towards the ice cream stand. I stuffed my hands in my pockets to keep it from freezing, I should have bought new gloves last week since the only pair of gloves I have in my room is the kind that has holes on the tip of the fingers. I pulled my jacket closer around me as the snow lightly fell around the park, covering giggling kids with cold soft snow.