"You think they will listen?"

Nanny Dove shook her head.

"Not a fuckin' chance, Willam, but Ise will gives it a try."

Bill forced a laugh.

"Look, we just have to deal with this, as it comes up."

"Fuck, Bill. Aren't we dealing with enough. Seriously, I don't know how much more I can take."

Matty took a deep breath and stood up, dropping her cigarette in the ashtray.

"This has gone way beyond what I expected."

"What did you expect hun?"

Matty threw her hands in the air.

"I don't know. I, I, just wanted to get someone to help me save the Bay. I wasn't expecting to get a husband and I sure as hell wasn't expecting to adopt a fucking village.

I just wanted enough money to get us to a point where the government said, okay Tuckamore Bay, you are off the list. Con-fucking-gratulations.

And instead ..."

She stared at Bill.

"Instead you got me."

Matty started shaking her head.

"No, no, no. Sweetie, its not like that."

She walked to Bill and took his hands.

"I would not trade you for anything."

Bill took a deep breath.

"Seems like I have become part of the problem."

"No," Matty said, emphatically.

"No. Never. I will admit I didn't expect to fall in love, but I did and there is no way in hell that I would change a thing.

Its just that all the rest of this shit is becoming overwhelming. We are doing all this alone, Bill. It is fucking hard."

"Then we make a change and we make it soon."

Bill kissed Matty gently.

"We set up a committee to help us. Young people, like us, who care about the Bay as much as we do. We give them the power to deal with a lot of the minor shit that we have to deal with every day and that will leave us to handle the big shit and hopefully give us more time for each other.

I am not letting Tuckamore Bay tear us apart."

Matty hugged Bill tightly.

"I love you so much. So fucking much."

Bill kissed her again.

"Help me get hold of everyone. I want a meeting at the Pub. Shut it down until we are finished. I want all the managers and possible replacements there. Let's get this thing on the right path right now."

"You sound like you have a plan?"