Insecurities

-Normal High school AU-

Ryoma POV

I was in the nurses office again. Honestly, I should just set up a bed here and sleep here. The nurses aid, Mikan, was scolding me for the hundredth time today. They had said something about my height and I guess I just exploded. "...Ryoma are you even listening to me?" Mikan whined, frowning. "Sorry Mikan," I say, laughing nervously. She lectured me for a bit more before leaving to take a break.

I get up and look in the mirror. I look at my short legs and short hands. When I was younger, I wished to be 185 centimeters but now, that's impossible. I hear the door open and jump in fear. I see Gonta from my class and look down. He was giant...I hated it. No hate isn't the right word, more like jealously. I was so in thoughts that I hadn't heard Gonta call me.

"Hoshi-kun, are you okay?" He asked, looking at me with a concerned expression. "Yeah," I mumble, and I see him glance at the mirror. He analyzed himself in the mirror and looked back at me. "Gonta doesn't like his height. People think he scary, Gonta wish he were Hoshi height," he said, frowning. I was a bit taken aback by this statement.

I chuckle softly and say, "I think you have a perfect height. If anything, I want to be as tall as you." We both look at each other with a smile and continue to laugh. "Gonta saw that Hoshi was 105 centimeters," he said. I flinch and nod. "Yeah...It's annoying," he muttered. I think he saw me flinch cause he immediately started to freak out. "Gonta didn't mean it any bad way. He thinks Hoshi's height is perfect for hugs and cuddles. Besides, he could always ask Gonta to carry him," he said, his face turning red. 

I'm pretty sure I blush as well cause my face turns hot. "I-I, y-yeah, th-thanks," I say, although it comes out as a stutter. "Actually, a hug would be great right now," I murmur. Gonta makes a cute squeal and pulls me into a hug. I smile and hug him back, nuzzling my face into his soft hair. 

(A SMALL EXTRA)

"And that's how I met him," I finish explaining to Kaede again. "Ryoma, sweetie, this the seventh time you've told me," she said, which makes me go red. "Gonta thinks it's adorable how his bumblebee does this," he said, Rantaro behind him. I hide my face in my beanie which makes him beam. "Well see you love birds," Kaede says, before walking away with Rantaro. Gonta picks me up and smile. I don't know what I like more: Gonta's arms or being tall? Well it doesn't matter, cause now I can do both.