Part 6

Shawn POV

"I am never inviting you to another check-up for Elias," Beyonce said as I drove in the parking lot of the supermarket.

For the past couple of weeks, Beyonce and I have been on really good terms. When it comes to Elias, we've been working hand in hand to make this parenting thing work for us.

"I don't know what the fuss is all about. They were hurting our son," I said finally parking into a free space. Beyonce was sitting next to me on the passenger seat and Elias was on his baby seat at the back.

"They were giving him his shot," Beyonce chuckled. "You tried to block the nurse from giving Elias his shot," she said. I sucked my teeth as I got out of the car, jogged to her side and opened her door for her. "Thank you," she smiled as she got out of the car. I watched as she opened the back seat and unstrapped Elias out of his baby seat and she took him out.

"Look at what they did to the poor guy. He's now sleeping," I said looking at a sleeping Elias in Beyonce's arms.

Beyonce and I took Elias to the doctor for his monthly check-up. He's now 9 months old and growing everyday. He has even started crawling. Anyways, since today was his check-up, I didn't like it when they were giving him his shot because he ended up crying. I felt really sad when he was crying so I tried to take him away before they made him cry even more but Beyonce stopped me before I could reach the door.

"Don't worry about tonight. I'll be making dinner," I said as I pushed the shopping cart and made it inside with Beyonce beside me.

"From the stunt you did today, the food better taste amazing," she scoffed as we made it to one aisle.

I enjoy hanging out with Beyonce and our child. Sometimes I even sleepover at her place if I have nothing going on.

"Make enough food too because Veronica and Tenitra are coming over," she said and I groaned real loud.

"Not Veronica," I dragged. "You know, I think Veronica wants me. She wants me real bad," I said.

Beyonce chuckled. "You guys are so childish around each other. You fight like siblings," she said.

I looked at her with an appalled expression. "Ewe! Veronica ain't my sibling. She's the devil," I frowned as I got a bottle of ketchup and put it inside the shopping cart.

"Deep down you guys love each other."

We continued to chat as we did our grocery shopping. After a while I noticed this man busy staring at Beyonce. From the look of things, he was having an internal battle with himself about something. I paid him no attention until I saw him walking towards us.

"Beyonce?" He said with his masculine voice.

Beyonce turned around and she immediately rolled her eyes when she saw him. "Hi Derrick," she dryly said.

Looks like home boy didn't get the hint because he was still smiling. "How have you been?"

"Good," Beyonce said keeping it short and brief.

This Derrick dude then bit his bottom lip as he looked at Beyonce up and down. "You still look ravishing. You be looking like a snack girl," he said and I could see Beyonce getting grossed out.

I pulled Beyonce closer to me and glared at Derrick. "I don't appreciate the way you're talking to my wife in my presence," I said.

Derrick looked between us. "Wife?" He said. "Beyonce, you're married?"

"Yes I am," she said.

He crossed his arms. "Prove it then. Prove that you're married to him."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Prove it? What do you want us to do? Get butt naked and start making love in the supermarket to Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing?" She spat and I chuckled a bit but I gotta remember to keep a straight face.