Part 2

Beyonce POV

Everybody's real devastated about Elizabeth and Randell's sudden death. Its especially taking a toll on Shawn. He has been drowning himself in liquor, weed and shuns himself from the rest of the world.

It has also been hard for me too. I decided to stay with my parents for the time being because I need all the love and support I can get. I try to visit Elias who's currently under the care of his grandparents on his mother's side because Randell's parents past away years ago.

Elias can sense that something's not right because he has been fussy and crying none stop. My baby boy has been so unconsolable and it breaks my heart to see him in that state.

Today I got a call that we should all gather in Elizabeth and Randell's place for the reading of their Wills.

"Shawn?" I said to myself as I saw him coming out of his car. I watched him as he walked towards me. I genuinely didn't expect him to come over.

"Hey," he said lowly with his eyes hanging low. He was definitely not himself because the Shawn I know would have tried to hit on me.

I cracked a smile. "Hey," I said. "How have you been doing?"

He heavily sighed as he put his hands in his front pockets. "Its been hard. I tried to just-" he paused as tears welled up his eyes.

I brought him closer to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He buried his face in the crook of my neck. "Its gonna be alright," I said after a while of silence.

He broke the hug and wiped the tears that escaped from my eyes. "Let's go inside," he said.

We got inside and got situated in the living room with everybody else. I was overjoyed when I saw Elias. He immediately reached out his baby hands at me. I picked him up and placed him on my lap.

"Hey baby," I smiled at him then I kissed his chubby cheek.

We let the lawyers read the Will out loud. As they were reading the Will something captured my attention.

"...for that reason, Shawn Carter and Beyonce Knowles will become the legal guardians of Elias Crowley," the lawyer said which completely snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Wait, what?" Shawn beat me to it. That was precisely what I was thinking. "Bey and I? Guardians?"

I looked at Elizabeth's parents, Mr and Mrs Johnson but because I've known them since my childhood they are also like my parents.

"Why us though?" I asked looking between them.

Mr Johnson cleared his throat. "This is for the best my children. You're both the godparents of my grandson. My only grandchild for that matter. Elizabeth and Randell chose you two and I believe they made the right choice," he said.

"He's right," Mrs Johnson pitched in. "This was their last wish. They want you two to become parents to Elias. All of Elias's stuff are here and you can take them. Overall, we're going to sell this house and most of the stuff here then the money will be contributed towards Elias's college funds. Before selling the house, we're gonna allow you two to take anything of sentimental value. You guys have our infinite support and we can help you if you want a babysitter for Elias," she added.

"Thank you mama," I said.

I came here thinking they just wanted us to know about our friends last wishes, I go back home with a baby in my care.

My number one problem is Shawn. He's always smoking, drinking, partying till dawn. His lifestyle doesn't permit him to take care of a baby. I'm a bit anxious on that part. Both of our lives are about to chance because of Elias. We should make the effort to accommodate Elias.

"Well, I'm out," Shawn said after helping me put some of Elia's stuff in my car. I decided to pack a couple of few essential things like his clothes, diapers and food.

"Where are you going? We still have to discuss this whole Elias situation. We have to sit down and have a talk Shawn," I said walking towards him.

"Baby girl, there is nothing to talk about here. I'll have my guys move the rest of Elias's stuff to your condo. I have a busy life so I'll send the boy some baby stuff and shit monthly," he said while his eyes were glued to his phone.

He walked off to his car as I trailed right behind him. He got into his car and I vigorously tried to open the door but it was locked. "Open up," I semi yelled as I tapped his window but he just started his car. He gave me the 'peace' sign and he was off.

Did he really just leave me? This man is unbelievable.

It pains me to say this but I need Shawn in this time. We have to work as a team for Elias's sake but his ass is just so selfish.

I got into the driver seat of my car and looked back at Elias who was on his baby seat busy trying to fit his foot in his mouth. I smiled because he looked so cute.

"Its gonna be alright my baby. Imma talk to Shawn okay? You're not an orphan, your biological parents are always with you. They are your guardian angels now and your new earthly parents are here with you. I love you my son," I said while smiling at him. He didn't pay me no attention because now he was staring into space. "Looks like I'm going back to my condo baby boy," I said as I started my car.

Now I have to get all the help I can get from this immediate transition to motherhood.

Shawn POV

I decided to go straight to my condo to just relax and get my PlayStation out. Beyonce has been blowing up my phone and imma answer her some other time.

Imma be honest here, I love Elias but I'm just not for the idea of being a father at the moment. Fatherhood is the last thing on my mind at the moment that's why I wrap it up with every girl I've been with because I don't wanna be a father. Imma have to let Bey handle everything and I'm just gonna be there on the sidelines.

I have to focus on my businesses before I become a father. This Elias situation, Beyonce has that handled for sure.

I finally got tired of just being in the house. I called my home boys, Emmanuel and Mike. We're going to the strip club to let loose.

"Whoo! Work it girl!" I smiled as I watched one of the strippers giving me a lap dance. I bit my bottom lip as she straddled my lap and did her thing. We're all in a private room as we made it rain with the money. We enjoyed ourselves for a while then we asked the strippers to leave us.

"Cheers to life," I said with my bottle of champagne up. "Elizabeth and Randell's death thought me that life is short and to live like there's no tomorrow."

"To life," Mike said with his glass up and Eman did the same.

It hurts that my closest friends are no longer with me but that's how life is. Its unpredictable.