Part 2

Beyonce POV

"So when am I gonna meet my son-in-law?" My mom said as I sat on one of the barstools in the kitchen. She was busy on the stove. After work, I decided to go pay my parents a visit and my mother had already started on dinner so I decided to stick around.

"His name is 'Shawn' and you'll meet him soon ma," I smiled hella hard just at the mere thought of my boyfriend.

My mother wiped off some of the sauce off her hands using a dishrag and she came to me with a smile. "I've never seen you this excited when talking about a guy. You are in love with this man are you my baby?"

"I am. Being in love is such a crazy thing when you think about it. I never thought the man I considered my friend will become my lover," I said.

My mom nodded in agreement. "I'm happy for you my baby. You do deserve happiness," she said.

I then heard the front door opening followed by masculine voices. I knew that my father and big brother, Robert have just walked in and they are back from the grocery store.

I just love it when my family gets together and have a nice family dinner like back when I was still a kid. Being twenty-five and Robert twenty-seven, we have busy lives and having time for family is important to us. We can never abandon our parents.

"What are my two beautiful ladies talking about?" Dad said with a welcoming smile as him and Robert placed the groceries on the kitchen island.

"Nothing much my love. Bey and I were just talking about Shawn, her boyfriend," mama said.

Robert gave me this weird smile of his. He's definitely about to say something stupid to me. "Oooooo Shhaawwnn!" He dragged as he wiggled his eyebrows and came to me.

"Don't be teasing my baby girl Rob," mama warned.

Rob put his hands up in defense. "I won't mama," he looked at her then he diverted his attention to me. "So how many times y'all smashed?" He quickly said and mama hit him upside the head.

Rob just enjoys teasing me. His ass will never outgrow that but I know that he's still overprotective when it comes to the guys I date. If he wants to, my brother can be a very intimidating guy and show male dominance whenever he finally meets the person I'm dating.

I'm pretty sure that Rob is eager to meet Shawn. I also can't wait until my family meets him.

"You ask a lot of questions Rob," I said to him with an eye roll.

He came and sat next to me. "For real though, that nigga better not impregnate you before I meet him," he said to me. I can see now that he's in 'overprotective big brother' mode.

"Is there going to be a problem if he impregnates me before you meet me?" I looked at him.

He sighed. "Honestly speaking, I'll have a problem with it but as your big brother, I have to understand that this is your life. If you want me to have a problem with it then so be it but if you don't want me to have a problem with it, I'm still fine with it. As long as you're happy then I'm happy," he smiled at me.

"Okay," I smiled back and he brought me into a hug.

We then turned to our parents and they were starting to get cosy and all lovey-dovey with each other and they kissed.

"Ewwweee!"

"Gross!"

Rob and I said with appalled expressions. I honestly find it unnatural for parents to kiss in front of their children.

Its just nasty and makes me cringe.

Shawn POV

"Can I get a bottle of Hennessey and two glasses please," I said to the bartender.

"Coming right up sir," he said walking away.

So Ty and I decided to blow off some steam and go to the bar. We don't plan on doing anything crazy, we're just there for some drinks and a friendly chat.

"Damn man. I really do need a break," Ty smiled as he shook his head. "Not that I'm complaining or anything. I do enjoy being a newly dad but Issac makes a lot of noise at times," he chuckled.

Ty and his wife, Angela just had a baby boy three months ago. I'm happy for my best friend on becoming a father.

"Noise? My nephew don't make no noise. He's always quiet whenever he's in my arms," I said.

Ty chuckled at me then he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Nigga, your ass ain't there for the night shift. For a baby that was born three months ago, he has amazing lung capacity," he said. "Enough about me man. What's happening on your side? You still fucking Beyonce?" He said as our drink came and he poured himself some.

"First of all," I started as I poured myself some Hennessey in my glass. "Don't be talking about her like she's some whore because she's not, she's my girlfriend."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Girlfriend? You know, for a married guy you're sure comfortable with calling her your girlfriend. Does she know that you have a wife?" He asked.

I shook my head as I stared down at my drink. "Nah man. I honestly didn't expect myself to fall in love with Beyonce. It just happened," I shrugged.

"Planned or not planned man. What you're doing to Beyonce ain't right. She's under the impression that she's the only woman in your life and that ain't what it is. You-"

"Nigga would you just get off my back! I'll figure some shit out!" I snapped then I took a sip of my drink. "I'm going to divorce Cassie so that I can be with Beyonce."

"Do you man," he shrugged his shoulders. "You better do it quick before things get out of hand."

I love Beyonce and I wanna be with her.