Part 5

Shawn POV

I admit, dropping Elias off at Beyonce's place in the middle of the night was a fucked up move. It was selfish and wrong of me to do that.

I know that Beyonce is probably pissed off at me for doing that and I'm willing to get down on my kness and apologize for my actions. I tried calling her but it just goes straight to voicemail. My texts are just left on read.

She must be super pissed because since dropping off Elias, she hasn't tried to contact me. I fear that she doesn't want me around Elias anymore.

After work I decided to drop by the flower shop to get Beyonce a bouquet of flowers. I also went to buy those fancy, expensive perfumes then bought her a box of chocolates. Just a little something to show her that I'm sorry.

I knocked on Beyonce's door and waited a couple of seconds before I heard shuffling on the other side.

"Ugh, its your ass," I sucked my teeth at her stupid greeting.

"Nice seeing you too Veronica. Now where is my baby mama?" I asked as I let myself in. I looked at Veronica who had Elias in her arms. "Hey little man. Did you miss daddy?" I smiled at Elias.

"Nope," Veronica said.

I mean mugged her. "You know, I've always hated your ass Veronica. You're so rude."

"Well that makes the both of us," she responded.

I sighed. "Where's Beyonce?" I asked and she simply ignored me and went somewhere else. "Veronica, I'm talking to you," I trailed behind her.

"I don't wanna tell you where she at," she said making it to the living room.

"Never mind. I'll find her myself," I said turning back. I immediately went to Beyonce's bedroom. I got inside and she was laying on her bed with her back facing me. "Bey?" I said but she didn't respond. I put the things I carried for her on the nightstand then got on her bed. I slightly shook her. "Bey?"

She slowly turned and shot me a death glare. "What do you want?" She spat in a raspy voice. Sounds like I just woken her up from her sleep.

"Can we please talk?" I said softly.

She sat up straight. "Now you wanna talk? You wanna talk when its convenient for you? I'm sick of your bullshit Shawn," she spat.

"Look boo. I'm sorry okay? I shouldn't have done what I did-"

"Why did you?" Her voice cracked with emotion. I could see her eyes starting to water. "I'm trying here Shawn. I'm seriously trying but you don't wanna meet me halfway. You just left me high and dry and it fucking hurts," tears were now streaming down her face.

"I know what I did was a fucked up move, I was selfish and I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Please forgive me Bey. Its just Elizabeth and Randell's death has me all messed up and I'm trying to cope here," I said.

She wiped her tears. "From the way you're behaving you seem to act like their deaths didn't affect me," she said. "Is Elias a burden to you?" She asked me and I shook my head. "Whether he's a burden to you or not, you no longer have to worry about him because from today forth, I'll be taking care of him. You're free now."

"Free? I don't wanna be free. I wanna take care of Elias," I said as she stood up and got off her bed. I went to stand in front of her. "I want to be Elias's father. I want to be your baby daddy and be a family with our child. I just want to be in both of y'all lives," I said walking towards her as she backed away until her back was against the wall. We then had an intense staring competition. "Please Bey," I pleaded as I held her waist with both of my hands.