Chapter 14 - Coffee with the Bird Brain

Start from the beginning

"Baby I have wings, why would I need wheels?" Hawks asked with a cocky grin.

"Because a race track opened up not too far from UA and I was thinking we could try go-karting?" I say hesitantly, beginning to question whether his wings will fit in a go-kart.

"That sounds awesome! How about we make a bet? If I win you have to give me a kiss!" Hawks winked playfully making me roll my eyes.

"And if I win?" I ask equally as cocky.

"Well I mean I don't think you will, and with that bet I don't think you want to. But I'll do whatever you want!" He smirked. Why does everything he says sound so flirtatious?

"Fine, if I win you buy me a book!" I say with a determined nod. I had re-read all the novels currently littering my bedroom floor and was in desperate need of new reading material.

"All right, bit of a strange request when you can have anything in the world but okay!" He said shaking his head slightly at my requested prize.

"Excuse you but a book practically is a whole world, it just lies between the pages is all!" I say in defence of all my fellow book worms.

"That was ... strangely poetic Babybird," he mused our hands now connected and swinging carelessly between us as we walked.

We continued to talk about our upcoming date until we finally reached the train station and Hawks let out a dramatic sigh.
"Guess this is us, unless you want to fly, the offer still stands?" He asked with somewhat hopeful eyes even if he knew my answer.

"I think I'll pass, but thanks for walking me here today Hawks. It was sweet and I really appreciate it." I say with a smile, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and running into the station. As I looked over my shoulder to wave goodbye I spotted Hawks cupping his cheek with a noticable blush across his usually cocky face. I couldn't help but giggle as I began to board my train and prepare for the hell that was UA post USJ attack.

Although the students were given the day off, because of yesterday's events, staff were still asked to go in and attend a briefing from the principal on the tighter security measures to be implemented. I thought that the lack of students meant the media would back off, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Swarms of reporters lined the gates of UA in the hope of interviewing the staff. I gripped my bag tightly and pushed through the crowd ignoring their calls.

Making my way swiftly towards the infirmary I mentally prepared myself for the hard day ahead. Aisawa was in a terrible condition when I last saw him and I don't expect him to have improved much in the space of one night. But upon entering the infirmary I was surprised to see him sitting up, although still wrapped like a mummy.

"Morning Aisawa, how're you feeling?" I call walking up to him and placing my bag on the chair opposite his bed. Aisawa just turns his head in my direction and mumbles out what I think was "too loud".

"Opps, sorry!" I say grabbing my energy drink out of my bag. I am not going to be thwarted by that vending machine again so I came prepared.
"If you want I can start healing you now? That way you should be up and about by the end of the day." I smile trying to put him at ease. I know that Aizawa is a pretty serious man and we certainly didn't have a friendly relationship, but he was my still my patient and it's my job to put him at ease.

"Sure" he mumbles behind the bandages. With that I began removing them, starting with his head and trying not to visibly react to the sight of the dried and congealed blood matting his face.
His eyes were badly swollen and inflamed, meaning he more than likely wouldn't be able to see me, but just in case I kept my face neutral.