I stared at him. "The literal Infinity Council member of warfare is staying here when you guys are going off into action?" I struggled to keep my voice soft.

"The Council is in the middle of making critical decisions. They—"

"Fuck the Council!" I burst out. "They've done nothing but hide behind walls while everyone fights for their lives!"

"Hey, hey, partner." I fell quiet at Jimin's use of my old hypocorism. "It sucks I know. But it is what it is."

I clung tightly to his shirt. "When...when will you come back?"

His eyes fluttered shut. "I don't know." The three words were like three strikes against to the heart. "It depends on how long they'll want my unit. It depends on how quickly we can shut down those damn Reformists. It could be just for a few days, or it could be..." He trailed off.

"Months," I whispered. "It could be months."

Without warning he grabbed my hips and flipped us around so that I was pressed up against the wall while he loomed before me. I barely managed to take a breath before his lips crashed onto mine.

For a few moments his mouth moved against mine. I gasped at his ferocity and yet took it all in. I inhaled his scent— jasmine and spice, and relished the soft skin beneath my touch and lips. His own hands ran all over my body, as if memorizing every curve and divot in the last few seconds.

His kisses dragged down from my mouth and to my neck sending shivers down my spine. A sharp pain bloomed underneath his mouth, right where my neck sloped into my shoulder. It increased in intensity and only stopping right as I almost yelled at him. I winced as he pulled back and ran a thumb over the now bright scarlet mark right above my collarbone where anyone could see. I grimaced a little. If it was dark scarlet now it was going to be practically black when the blood rushed to it.

"There," he murmured. His eyes flickered back up to my gaze. "Don't you dare drink or mess with any guys while I'm gone."

I ran my fingers over his Marks and felt him shudder and hiss under his breath at the touch. "I won't. And you. Don't you dare get hurt or... or go to that place that I can't follow." I couldn't bring myself to say the actual word. The word worked its way up my throat before lodging there.

His eyes locked into mine and for a moment I thought he was going to leave just like that. Instead he pressed one final kiss to my lips. Spoke three words. Eight letters.  "I love you."

And then he was gone before I could reply.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧