07. JUST HAPPY

IWBY

CHAPTER SEVEN: JUST HAPPY

"your brother?" the words left arvin's tongue almost soundlessly. her brother? she didn't have a brother. she ain't never told him about no brother, ain't never told lenora either!

"m-my brother," she gulped and slowly took the frame from arvin's hands, setting it down carefully on the vanity. "he, um..."

"tell me, darlin'" arvin mumbled carefully, though inside his mind gears and clogs were turning endlessly. the tall boy's arm rose to the top of her head, his warm hand caressing her locks.

only now did he notice the shiny tears lining her eyes. "h-he died. k-killed himself." a frown littered arvin's mouth and he pulled the tiny girl in as she started to sob. amongst her cries images flashed before his eyes of his own father; lifeless body laying in the dark in front of his poor lovely jack, sprawled across the wood as though he were christ himself.

it was hard to say how long arvin stayed in her home that night, comforting her back with rubs and her forehead with kisses. there was not a single tear that didn't get kissed away from her rosy cheeks. only did he leave when she fell into a deep slumber with a warm heart and steady breathing.

the drive back to emma's cabin was restless and tiring. a million questions ran through the boy's head about aurora's history, more specifically her brothers. she'd told him that's why they'd moved here, to run away from the ghost of her brother haunting them. the days that followed for arvin and aurora were gentle, soft.

the little girl laid on her side, one hand gripping her lover's thigh and the other trailing lazy patterns across the flawless skin of his arm. her dainty head lay against his lap, eyes cast out to the window and listening to the hum leaving arvin's lips. one of his large hands combed through her platinum locks and in the other laid a burning cigarette. the angel below him looked so pretty, so kissable.

rory shuffled, turning on her back to look up at the boy above her. he was truly perfect, and as he looked back at her he looked ay her as though she were truly his whole world. as though he would do anything to protect her. as though no one would ever lay a scratch on her pretty head again.

a smile graced her lips as she remembered finally telling lenora of her secret. rory had blurted it out during their lunch hour, causing the freckled girl to look up from her bible. a grin laced her lips and she closed the book, her small hands coming to lay atop aurora's even smaller ones. "i know, silly! you think i ain't notice him sneakin' out every night 'n those dark circles under your eyes."

"i-"

"or how about your book in the front seat?" she giggled and rory relaxed slightly, though her mouth was still agape in awe. "i don't mind, ror. you make him happier than i ever damn seen." the two laughed then, their high voices melodic amongst the chatter of the lunch room. "although, i do hope you're waitin' till marriage-"

"lenora!"

"what you smilin' 'bout, pretty girl?" his hand now rest at her jaw, his calloused thumb stroking against the blushing skin of her cheek. arvin's brown eyes sparkled as the sun set and he took a drag from the cigarette between his fingers. the smell of him lingered in aurora's nostrils and her smile widened.

"just happy." her own hand came up to rest against his strong cheekbones, lingering on the stubble. the sounds of birds flittered outside and there was a low muttering between emma and lenora in the kitchen, practicing how to greet the new preacher. the sizzling of the liver sounded and moments later the irresistible smell seeped through the bottom of the closed door. rory's eyes shut in peace, enjoying the company and comfort around her.

"so perfect." the cigarette lingered in arvin's mouth as he spoke. "you're like one of those pretty pictures, from whatever time you said it was."

"the renaissance." she smiled again, honey eyes fluttering open to stare into the older boy's.

"mhm." he chucked. "i wish i could paint. i'd paint you all day, dalin'. never get bored of that pretty face."

a cherry coloured blush coated the tiny girl's cheeks. "y-you're being silly."

"'m deadly serious when it comes to you, baby." the cigarette in his hand was smushed into the ashtray on his bedside table. he shuffled so his hands came to rest under her arms, lifting her to face him. she sunk onto her knees in front of him so that their noses were touching. his breath fanned her face like a hug, enveloping her and not letting go. "you know i'd do anything for you, don't you doll?"

a gulp. "y-yes, daddy."

a smirk fluttered into his lips cunningly. "good girl." within a moment he had pulled her up, coming to sit on his lap. arvin shuffled so that his legs dangled off the edge, trainer covered feet slapping against the hard wood floor. she straddled him in just the right way, and she gasped when his hips raised slightly. the bulge in arvin's trousers hit the bundle of nerves oh so perfectly. as the breath left her lips she gripped harder onto his shoulders. he hissed at the rough contact.

"need to get you off, baby." he greedily bunched up her green dress, eyes determined to look at where they connected. a groan left his lips at the sight of her white, laced underwear. innocent, just like his little girl. aurora couldn't believe her eyes; arvin had never been so desperate before. he was always so soft and loving, but as his hands roughly pushed and pulled her hips she couldn't help but fall in love with this newer side of him. a string of whimpers left aurora's mouth at the contact to her clit and she stared up at him with those big doe eyes. "shh, baby. can't have anyone hearing you now, can we?" he hummed and she shook her head, obeying every word.

arvin could practically feel how wet she was despite the three layers dividing them. a steady stream of gasps escaped her lips and he thanked god for their broken kitchen, making as much noise as possible. "fuck, baby." he groaned as her head fell onto his chest. arvin's hands pushed into aurora's hips further, having her move quicker against him. she squeaked as he swore. "tell daddy how good it feels, doll. let daddy hear you."

"s-so good, d-daddy." her words were broken by uneven breaths as she grew closer to the impending climax. the way that arvin worked her had her shivering and shaking against him, coming closer and closer to finishing.

"mm. good girl." he hissed again, "good fucking girl."

"p-please, daddy. i-i-"

"i know, pretty girl. me too." arvin's hips raised to meet his little girl's. she choked on her gasp and one of his large hands came up to cover her mouth. she whined at the restriction. "gonna finish with me, angel."

she nodded erratically, eyes closing as the edge of her orgasm prickled at her senses. "good girl. cum for me." the pretty moans and whines were muffled from behind arvin's hand, but were more than enough to send him over the edge. the two hit their peaks, shaking against one another violently. "fuck, fuck, fuck-"

minutes later, when arvin's body had stopped convulsing, he comforted the shaking girl. she was still feeling the effects of finishing so hard, and he suddenly remembered that this was one of the few times she'd ever experienced an orgasm. a grin graced his lips as he pulled her in, laying on top of him. he silenced her with sweet kisses to her forehead, to which she finally looked up at him.

"t-thank you, arvin."

"thank you, little girl."

IWBY

CHAPTER SEVEN: JUST HAPPY