03. PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL

IWBY

CHAPTER THREE: PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL

within the following weeks the sexual tension between aurora smith and arvin russell only grew stronger. a total of three times lenora had interrupted their almost-kiss. once, when they snuck off to the bathroom in emma's house she had walked in to wash her face. the two made up some lame excuse, saying that arvin wanted to show her the plumbing's of around the toilet. rory gave him some questionable looks that day. the second time, arvin had pulled the little girl outside to behind his favourite tree, one with his name engraved. the little girl had ran her fingers over the markings with a smile. when arvin had finally pressed her back against the wood of the tree was the moment that lenora decided to go into the shed, walking straight in front of them. and of course, their first attempt in arvin's car.

aurora smiled giddily as she ran out of the heavy metal doors. she was sciving her last lesson to meet with the russell boy in hopes to finally get that long awaited kiss. her honey eyes spotted arvin's rusting car as soon as the air hit her. her smile spread to the end of her cheeks before she ran over to the car as quickly as her little legs would take her. the eighteen year old chuckled as he threw the butt of his cigarette out the open window. the little angel pulled the car door open with all her strength and as quickly as she possibly could. as soon as she was sat down on the seat arvin turned to her, the same ecstatic smirk on his face that he got every time before they nearly kissed.

"hi." she breathed.

"hi, pretty girl." he chuckled, leaning forward. his warm, large hand reached forward and cupped the side of her soft face. the little girl nuzzled her face into the touch slightly, enjoying being held by him. it had been too long since their last attempt at a kiss. her innocent doe eyes stared up at him as though he were her whole world. they sparkled in the sunlight and he smirked. "fuck it." arvin muttered under his breath, moving forward quickly. just as he was millimetres away from her lips a flash of orange caught their attention, and the two turned to face the metal doors of the school.

"you're kiddin' me." arvin grumbled as the two watched the small girl run towards the back of the building. aurora acknowledged his speech with an awkward smile. before the two could even attempt to resume their kiss, a group of three ran out of the doors and into the same direction as lenora. arvin was out of the car as soon as the two realised it was gene and his goons. the small girl followed to the best she could in his wake, though her little legs were no match for arvin's.

the brunette boy rounded the corner speedily in time to watch the goons cover his lenora's head with a paper bag. their incompetent voices threw insults at her endlessly, even thing having to do with himself. It wasn't the first time she had ben called a brother-fucker.

"hey!" arvin called before landing a punch straight to tommy's square face. the boy fell backwards with a groan, holding his round nose as Arvin stood over him, heaving heavily. the russel boy went in for another punch, but his attempt was held back by gene and orville. the two pulled him back and got him on the floor himself, dirtying his pristine denim jacket. in that moment the short girl rounded the corner herself, doe eyes widening at the sight of arvin on the floor and lenora fighting to take the paper bag off of her head. she couldn't say she was surprised by the scene from the travelling noises.

"hey! queen vic's joined the party!"

"get off!" she cried, running forward and pushing gene with all her might. to her pleasant surprise he stumbled back slightly. his eyes were ablaze at the sight that aurora smith, 4'11 with the muscle mass of an ant, had made him falter. a punch had landed to her face before she could even recognise what was happening, and in the next second gene had been tackled by the boy who had sworn to himself to protect her.

"don't you fucking touch her!" arvin hollered with every punch to gene's face. rory dropped to her feet, hands clutching the side of her jaw and eyes watering in pain. she fuzzily watched arvin's arm pull up and down as he landed his fist into the boy's face. again, the two boys pulled arvin down and kicked him repeatedly. "get off of me!" the boy shouted in between his groans. lenora screamed and begged for the boys to stop. aurora stood to her shaking feet and tried to pull orville off, but he repeatedly shook her off.

finally, with one solid kick to the stomach from each of them, the boys let go and walked away. "sister fucker."  they spat in their chaste, but the two girls ignored them as they fell to arvin's side. aurora cradled the boy's face on the ground, ignoring the pain in her face and the fresh cuts on her knees.

arvin's chocolate eyes opened slowly and shuttered on and off like a camera. the light from the sun above them was covered by the angel staring down at him. his eyes opened wide as he realised that the small girl was tending to him. for a second, the thoughts of being beat up in front of her came to a stop and he just stared at her beauty. her honey eyes were full of concern for him, looking down so innocently and furrowed. her pouty lips were moving ever so sweetly but he couldn't hear the voice that he longed for. his hearing was muffled and cloudy, only the sound of chattering school children and passing cars truly recognisable to him. his eyes came to concentrate on the shining cross necklace against her chest. she was wearing that pretty pink dress that he liked, the one with the gingham pattern and aurora's own hand embroided sunflowers and daisies; her two favourite flowers. his hearing was getting better now as he concentrated on her, hey eyes flickering between himself and his sister. the touch on the back of his head was warm and small, her hands slowly combing through his locks in hopes to comfort him. his cap had fallen off during the fight and she was smoothing down his curtains.

"you okay, arvin?" finally, the sweet british sound filled his ears. he nodded slowly but his eyes screwed shut at the pain that overcome his head. the tiny girl leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his clammy forehead. her lips were soft and calming, as though they sent rays of magic into his very core; miraculously curing him.

minutes later the boy had his two girls sat in his car and on their way to the graveyard. he had looked them over silently, observing their bruises and cuts. aurora got off significantly worse than lenora, and arvin swore to himself that he would find just the right moment to make the tree bastards pay for ever hurting his precious little girl. she sat quietly in the back seat, eyes half closed and head lent against the cool glass. lenora hummed quietly next to him before she grew quiet, eyebrows furrowing at the sight in the footwell.

"hey, rory, ain't that your english book? when did that get in here?"

IWBY

CHAPTER THREE: PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL