Eight

Ronan pulled away, his blue eyes searching mine as my heart hammered in my chest. I was breathless as his hand rested on my cheek, the warmth from his hand warming my body as gooseflesh prickled my bare arms. I closed my eyes, finding myself leaning into his embrace as we floated in the nearly silent throne room.

"Ronan." I whispered, loving the sound of his name on my lips as I opened my eyes to look at him again. Then, as quickly as his fingers brushed my skin I found myself pulling away, realizing I did not deserve such a man. "Ronan, you need to leave."

My voice broke as I said this and I knew my face said it all as I watched his face twist and turn with hurt. I knew the bond was already forming, knew what would happen if we were away from each other before the bond was complete, but I refused to be with him while hate still boiled at the pit of my stomach.  I watched as he shook his head, "No. I will minor leave you Sedna, there is still good in you. And I will help you become the Symari I once knew all those years ago."

"Ronan." I warned, backing away from him as he took a step towards me. His eyes set on me, determined to make me see what he was seeing but I knew this wasn't a good idea. I knew I needed to pay for my mistakes and I would not let him be with me while I still longed for revenge. While I could still taste the evil tendrils on my magic snaking up and down my arms. I would not let him be in a relationship with the Syren Queen. He deserves the good Queen, the Symari I should have become.

"Sedna." He breathed, inches away from my face, his eyes searching mine before quickly resting on my lips. I felt my body react to his closeness, unconsciously pulling him closer to me as I kissed him back, our lips locking together in sweet and instant need to be together. My fingers tangling into his hair as the kiss deepened. I felt his hand grab my waste, pulling us impossibly close as he began to kiss my neck just as I let out a moan I hadn't known I was holding back until now. "Ronan." I gasped, trying to control myself as my skin prickled with pleasure from his touch. He didn't say anything just continued to hold me, and prickle my skin with little kisses sending my body into a flush I had never felt before. This was nothing like what Kai and I had. This was so much more.

Kai.

In a moment of clarity, I pulled away, untangling myself from the Symari before me as I remembered where I was and who I had become.

"We can't do this Ronan," I said, breathless, "I don't deserve you."

"Then become the Symari I deserve." Ronan replied, trying to hide the hurt I could see in his eyes. "Now, where shall I stay? You know the consequences of what shall happen if we are to be separated. Would you like the left side of the bed or the right?"

I watched as his lips turned up in a smirk, the lips that had just spent the past ten minutes kissing me. I felt my cheeks flush for a moment before I stared at him dead in the eyes, " You will sleep on the floor."

I replied, before swiftly escaping from his presence, unable to control my wants any longer, knowing that if we stayed in each others company any longer we would do things we would regret later.