Five

I felt my heartbeat. The steady rhythm of my heart thumping against my chest as sleep overtook me. I wished this was all a dream, a part of me knew what I was doing was wrong but at this moment in time, I didn't care.

My dream overtook me, consuming my mind so that I was no longer in this plane of existence. I hadn't seen my mother since I ascended my throne and I wondered why she spent so much time in the Immortal Realm. The realm was white, a blinding light that was a stark contrast to my blue skin, a glow came off of me as I walked and my magic hummed around me as I looked around. There was no-one here, not that I was expecting anyone to be here. I wasn't too sure I was supposed to be in the Immortal Realm as I was.

"Sedna." The familiar voice of my mother cooed, but couldn't see her, "What have you done?"

Before I could say anything, I was thrown across the room, consumed with my shock as my magic formed, exploding around me as I screamed. I shot up in bed, darkness filling the room as I awoke from my dream. Throwing the covers off of me, I stood, floating silently in the water as my mind raced. My memories flooding my mind as I tried to make sense of everything. Why am I like this? What was I becoming?

I looked up in my looking glass, my hair floating around me, my golden eyes sparkling with a fierce hatred while worry shown on my face. Tattoos framed my face and ran the length of my arms that just a few weeks ago were not there. I was no longer the Symari my family thought I was. I was a monster consumed with a hatred so deep-seated that I thought I had forgotten it. I shut my eyes, trying to forget about my childhood with my baby sister. But it was still there. She was right, she was always right.

"Sedna!" I heard my sister call, her voice calm and serene as always, "Come here, I want to show you something!"

I tried to forget that day. The way her friends giggled at the sight of my human legs, their shock, and their stares. I tried to forget the names they called me, how ugly I felt in that moment to be anything but a Symari. To be human. An evil being filled with greed and hatred. I was after all, half-human and so were my siblings.

I want peace. I want justice. I want my sister to feel the pain she has inflicted on me for the past four hundred years and I wanted her to suffer.

But, if I wanted this, would that make me evil? I murdered a man who claimed he loved me. I transformed my people into beings of hate. And I would do it again, I would do anything to see my sister say she was sorry.

+++

Hey guys, sorry for the short update. I've been a little busy lately and I'm suffering some awful writer's block. I may re-write this chapter later. I hope you liked it!

Do you think Seda deserves her justice?

Next chapter there will be some flashbacks, so we can get to know more about her past and about her siblings! 😊😉 ~ Kayla