Four

I sat in my room, unmoving. I hadn't moved for days. My magic snaking up and down my skin, it's darkness consuming me filling me with a warmth I had never felt before. I loved and feared it all at the same time and I wondered what I was doing to myself. By now my kingdom knew what I had done. They knew I murdered Kai. I wanted them to storm the castle. I wanted to pay for my crimes. But no-one came. No one dared to come near me. Except for when they came to feed me.
Someone knocked on my door, opening it slightly as the set a something down on the floor, possibly my dinner before quietly shutting the door as to not disturb me. I stared at the wall, my eyes boring into the thick stone walls as the current swayed against my body. My hair floating around me, brushing against my skin as I waited silently for the storm to come. The storm where they come barrelling into my room spears at the ready to lock me up forever. Maybe they would execute me for my crimes. Maybe they would see that it was an accident. But was it an accident?

You know it wasn't an accident. I dark voice purred in my head, he needed to pay for what he did.

You loved it. The voice persisted, You are evil.

"Shut up!" I screamed, pressing my hand to my temple to calm the pressure as I felt my magic spark to life.

Rising from my spot on the floor, I looked around me, hoping to calm down enough to control the magic that was now swarming around me as if I had no control of it at all. What will I do when it consumes me? Filling me with the delicious tendrils as it filled my soul, transforming me into something almost unrecognizable. Swimming towards the balcony, I peaked down towards my kingdom, the dark blue city which was usually lively was empty, all of the windows were barred and no-one dared come out of their homes. I could feel their fear then, their anger and hatred from inside of their homes. They wanted me gone, they wanted me dead. They thought was evil. If they wanted evil, I would give them evil.

All at once, I felt my magic Peirce my skin, filling me with its darkness as I felt my being transform. I still looked human, that was true, but the blue gown I had on just moments before was transformed into a black dress while my blue skin sported several lines that snaked up my body until they rested on my forehead, the lacework framing my face as I felt the thrill of seeing myself in a new light. I was not the same Symari I was moments before, and my people would know it. The entire ocean would know that I was not a force to be trifled with, and I was strong.

Closing my glowing eyes, I felt the tendrils of my power exploding around me, filling the room with my emotions as it escaped the castle and filled my kingdom with its power just as I heard my peoples agonizing screams I laughed. They would know pain, they would know who they were dealing with and if they thought they could defeat me, they were sorely mistaken.

Just as I was about to swim towards my throneroom and relish in the feeling of what I had done, I felt the familiar presence of my older brother as he stared back at me, his golden eyes filled with worry, concern, and fear. "Sedna, what are you doing?"

"Hello, brother." I greeted, hearing my magic pouring through my voice, "What are you doing here?"

"You aren't yourself, please Seda." He came towards me but I held up my hands, "You are not welcome in my kingdom dear brother. Leave or I will make you leave."

He said nothing but disappeared in a cloud of smoke as I walked towards my throne, sitting down as my people's scream filled my ears until they stopped and the soft moans of my children arose. Dark children who would not question my authority or whether I was good or bad. I smiled as one came towards me, the years"'s eyes a black void as her violet hair snaked around her, she smiled at me, her teeth sharp to a point and the tiger stripes lined her arms and stomach.

"How may I serve you, you're majesty?" Her voice was angelic, a kind voice one who could drown men.

"I want to to find my sister and I want you to bring her to me," I commanded, my magic humming against my skin as my golden eyes ran the length of her body. "But first, I want you and your siblings to have some fun."

"What do you have in mind, Your Majesty?"

"Find a nice human young man." I grinned, as her form shifted until she was unmistakenly beautiful. No man would be able to resist her, Symari, or human. "Go, my daughter, my Syren, have some fun before you bring my traitorous sister to her death.