Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

As soon as the song was over, Remus kicked the door open, "I'm gonna kick your ass, Roman!"

"Don't you dare!" Roman yelled back, wrapping his wing around him.

Remus laughed, popping his knuckles, "Better run, brother. I'll give you a five second head start."

"1.."

Roman bolted out of the room.

"2.."

He quietly ran pass their mother's room.

"3.."

Roman ran into the living room.

"4, 5! Ready or not, here I come, Princey!~"

"Fuck," Roman hid his wing, going behind the fridge, being mindful of the dust and dirt behind it.

"Roooooomaaaaaaaan!~" Remus' voice sung, "Where are yoooouuuuu?~"

Roman pressed a hand over his mouth so he doesn't scream or giggle.

Remus hummed a song, walking into the kitchen, "I'm going to fiiiiiind yooooouuuu! And then I'm going to punch you!"

Roman heard the footsteps get closer to his hiding spot. He shuffled closer to the wall, trying really hard not to giggle.

"Are you.." Remus trailed off, his hands on the fridge, "Behind here?!" He saw Remus' grinning face.

Roman couldn't help but squeal. Remus laughed, grabbing his arm and yanking him out.

"Ahh! Remus, waaait!" Roman tugged at him arm.

"Shouldn't of tattled on me!" Remus punched him, but not hard at all. He didn't really want to hurt him, but make it hard enough where he can feel it.

"Is that even a word?!"

The two rough house some more, screaming and yelling as they chased and attacked each other.

Their mother was in the hallway entrance, leaning against the wall with a smile.

She really loved her boys. They are literally a part of her, they have a part of her heart. She loved them more than anything.

But..

"Boys! Come here." Julian called.

The two immediately separated, huffing.

"Remus started it!" Roman pointed at his brother. Remus smacked him on the head, "How much of a snitch are you gonna be, Princey?"

"Ow! You better bet the biggest fucking one! Mom! He also hit me!" Roman ran to her, trying not to giggle and laugh.

Remus groaned, "God damnit." And slowly walked to her, not wanting to get punished.

Julian rolled her eyes, "You aren't in trouble-"

"I'm not?"

"He isn't?"

"No," She gave them a hard stare, indicating to not interrupt, "I have something to tell you."

The two remained quiet, staring up at her.

"I'm going away for two weeks on a business trip," She already knew how this would turn out, "So y-"

"That isn't that big of a deal, we'll be fine!" Roman said, Remus nodding in agreement.

She gave them a look.

"Sorry, I'll shut up now," Roman chuckled nervously.

"As I was saying, I'm leaving for two weeks. And you aren't going to be alone."

Remus opened his mouth, but she beat him to it, "No, you won't be fine, last time, the kitchen didn't even look like a fucking kitchen."

Remus huffed, "Fine! So what, is Aunt Stacey gonna babysit us again?" he asked.

Stacey was Julian's best friend, and the woman on the phone from yesterday. She was considered an aunt, seeing how close she was to the family.

"No, she couldn't," Julian took a deep breath in, then out.

"Your.. father is going to."

Both pair of eyes went wide. Roman opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He looked down with a blank stare.

Remus looked extremely pissed with this decision. His hande turned to fists as he glared at Julian, "Fuck. No."

"Remus-"

"No! I'd rather have an alcoholic babysit us! That guy comes over here, I'm taking Roman to a friend's house." Remus grabbed his brother's hand, squeezing it to reassure him through his rage.

Roman squeezed back.

"Remus, there was no one else!" Julian looked at Roman's expression, but he just stared at the floor.

"Grandma Beth? That woman isn't dead yet, she can stay here."

"She's homophobic as fuck," Roman muttered, "At least dad isn't."

Remus looked at his brother with a hurt and confused look, "You'd rather have him then Grandma Beth?"

"Yes," Roman shook his head, "she isn't nice to me either. So between the two mean people, I'd rather go with dad."

Remus let go of his hand, "Roman, what is wrong with you?! That man has hurt you! Why- Why are you wanting to see him?"

Roman rolled his eyes, looking annoyed and bothered now, "One; he never hurt me physically. Two; I don't know why you're all upset, you were his favorite after the accident. Three; maybe.. maybe he became a different person? Didn't mom say he remarried? Surely he wouldn't be awful to her and their kids."

"Sure, if none of their kids were disabled." Remus sneered, "And I hate that I was his favorite! He shouldn't of even had a fucking favorite! And he still hurt you mentally and emotionally!

"Roman, Remus," Julian whispered.

They both glanced at her, and felt extremely guilty. She had tears in her eyes.

"I'm doing this for the both of you," Julian said, "I'm saving for both of your colleges, a car for Roman, a better house, food.."

She refused to cry, she's the parent. She isn't suppose to be crying infront of them.

"Please.. just do it for me. You don't even have to stay here most of the time, I give you permission to stay at a friend's house while you can."

"Good," Remus growled, grabbing Roman's hand and dragging him to their room.

Roman just followed.

Julian wanted to say "Wait, I won't go, I'll stay," but that can't happen. She already said it.

She sighed, rubbing at her eyes. She flinched when the door slammed.

Was this the right choice?

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK!!!