Chapter Eight

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

"Truth or Dare?" Roman repeated the word Emile said. The slight pink haired boy smiled brighter, "Yeah! Have you never played?" He asked.

Roman looked at Remus and glared "Once, and it wasn't fun." Everyone turned to look at Remus.

The other twin couldn't help but snort, "You wanted to play! I'm not exactly appropriate brother~" Roman huffed.

"What did he do?" Patton asked. Roman thought back on when the two played.
.
.
.
.
"And it's fun?" A 13 year old Roman asked. A 13 year old Remus nodded. "I play it with my friends all the time!"

Roman then beamed brightly. "I'll love to play! How do you play?" He asked. Remus proceeded to explain the rules to his brother before the two started to play.

"Ok, I'll go first since I know how to play it. And it'll give you a example!" Remus said. Roman nodded. "Truth or dare?" Remus asked, looking rather smug.

Roman thought a moment, then smiles, "Dare!" Remus smirked before standing up and dragging his brother to the front door.

Roman immediately panic, flapping his one wing in alarm at what his brother was doing, causing him to tilt to the other side and stumble. "Calm down brother! Hide your wing, we are going outside for this!" Remus had a insane look in his eyes.

"O-Ok?" Roman agreed, hiding his wing and then followed his twin out the door.
.
.
.
.
"That's all I wish to say." Roman quickly stuffed his face with his sandwich. Of course, he said he tried to fly away and didn't mention having one wing. Nor did he mention his brother telling him to hide his wing.

Remy and Patton both whined. "Come on! What did he make ya do? Spill the tea sis!" Remy asked. Roman shook his head, "No 'tea' is being spilled today." The two males pouted.

Logan and Virgil exchanged a glance. "Was it bad..?" Virgil asked cautiously. Remus smirked and look at his twin, "Yeah Princey, was it 'bad'?~" Roman glared at his brother. "Shut it."

Virgil chuckled quietly to himself. Seeing Roman so stubborn was kinda cute.

Deceit was simply watching everything that was happening, having seen the twins do these kind of things.

Emile patted Roman's back, "Well don't worry! You're going to play with all of us too! We aren't as... inappropriate as your brother." He smiled nervously. Roman winced slightly, him hiding his wing being more painful then it should be by now. But he quickly fixed his posture, "Can't wait to play with all of you!"

Virgil took notice of this, but he wasn't the only one this time. Logan saw as well. He's been keeping an eye on the new kid's behavior after yesterday. Roman seems to be having extreme back pain. Logan is taking the gusse that it is his wings. But no matter what they all say, Roman would always refuse to show his wings.

Though, now that Logan thought about it, Remus has slipped up once today about Roman's wing problem. Logan tried to remember the scene, but was snapped out of his thoughts.

"You ok specs?" Roman asked, seeing Logan stare at him. It made Roman uncomfortable. Logan raised a brow, "Specs?"

Roman's normal confident composer was broken. Roman seemed extremely nervous. "Well- I mean- I didn't-" Roman was stumbling over his own words. Remus laughed at his brother, not really helping the situation.

Logan raised a brow. Roman cleared his throat, re-composing himself "It's just a nickname I thought of!" He looked confident, but shyly said, "If you don't like it, I won't call you it.."

Logan smiled a small smile, "I do not mind it."

Roman beamed, and then Emile started talking to everyone, mainly Roman, about other games. When Roman didn't get it, they'd explain it to him.

Patton poked Logan's side to get his attention, "Hey Lo-Lo! I have a question." Patton whispered. Logan figured he'd have to whisper too. "Yes, Patton?" The freckled boy looks at Roman, then back to Logan, "You've been staring at Roman alot, is something wrong?"

Patton didn't figure the nerd had a crush on the new kid, but the thought made him upset.

"Roman's been acting strangely. I'm simply observing his behavior to see what may be the cause." Logan said. The boy noticed how Patton let out a breath, "Oh, ok! Have you found out why?" He asked.

Logan looked back Roman. He was beaming while speaking with Virgil about makeup. Virgil had an amused look on his face. "I'm suspecting his wings may be the issue. He's never had them out in school, which isn't healthy."

Patton realized Logan was right. The princely boy never has once shown his wings. And anytime the topic was brought up, Roman would dismiss it, sometimes with the help of Remus and Deceit.

"You're right.." Patton mumbled, now staring at Roman with curiosity.
.
.
.
.
They were in gym once again.

And once again, Roman was upset.

And in pain.

Everyone was playing the same game they have been for the last two days. Well, all week according to his brother.

Roman decided to ask his coach about his problem, since Coach Thomas would most likely know alot about wings.

"Hey Coach Thomas?" Roman asked. Coach Thomas turned to him with a bright smile. "Yes Roman?"

Roman bit his lip, "I've been uh.. having extreme back pain due to my uh.. wing." Coach Thomas had a look of concern as Roman kept going, "Like, I know hiding your wings can hurt you, but is it suppose to be this bad this early?"

The two were lucky they were alone at the moment.

Coach Thomas thought for a moment, "Hm... well, it could be because you only have one wing. Maybe since you were already hurt badly, the effects will be worse? I'll look into it." He promised.

Roman groaned, in both disappointment and pain. Oh how he wished he had two wings. He doesn't even know what flying feels like. Remus has tried to carry him while flying, but his brother was too heavy. And their mother has to give her wings a break for a good while.

Coach Thomas pat Roman's shoulder, "Hey, don't worry! I'll see what I can do to help you, ok?" Roman smiled a small smile, but felt upset still.

His life was not normal.
.
.
.
.
"Got everything bro bro?" Remus asked. The two were getting ready to head over to Emile's. Roman looked through his bag, "Mm.. yep!"

Remus' face brightens, "Your first sleepover! It's going to be so much fun!" Remus exclaimed. Roman's face brightens as well, "I know!" He squealed.

Roman looked nervous all of a sudden. "Remus.. what about my wing? How am I going to sleep?" He asked. Remus' face went blank.

"..."

"Fuck."

Roman's nerves got worse at that. Remus took notice, "Hey, hey! You can sleep with your wing out as long as you got blankets or something covering them." He said smiling, feeling quite proud to have thought of something seemingly smart.

Roman relaxed "Thanks Remus." He mumbled, grabbing his bag. Remus only beamed brighter, "Of course! Anything for you Princey!~" He chirped. His twin glared slightly at the nickname, but shrugged it off.

Roman quickly hid his wing as they headed out the door. Roman was excited, sure.

But damn was he terrified.